How many of you outdoor cook with a Traeger? If not what is your BBQ rig of choice?

BBQ.JPG

Finger Licking Good hot pocket

Last edited:
My Father's Day present got delivered today; a new Weber Genesis grill. It's replacing my old Weber Spirit that I got almost 10 good years out of.

It arrived in a big heavy box and took me about 2 hours/4 beers to put together.

PXL_20210626_183705706~2.jpg

Fit nicely up on the deck.

PXL_20210627_025823875~2.jpg

Broke it in on some flank steak and made Carne Asada. The grill works great, huge difference in quality.

PXL_20210627_031947442~2.jpg

PXL_20210627_033617654~2.jpg

My Father's Day present got delivered today; a new Weber Genesis grill. It's replacing my old Weber Spirit that I got almost 10 good years out of.

It arrived in a big heavy box and took me about 2 hours/4 beers to put together.

View attachment 261682

Fit nicely up on the deck.

View attachment 261683

Broke it in on some flank steak and made Carne Asada. The grill works great, huge difference in quality.

View attachment 261684

View attachment 261685
That Carne Asada looks absolutely delicious.

Reactions: DuncLJ
Which one do you have? I dont think I will be dropping that kind of money but I am looking at pellet grills now. Rectec is in the lead.
2 Star but not the all stainless version. I want to use it for a while before a full review but I’m extremely impressed so far.

Considered Rectec but it’s made in China and everything on the MAK is USA made, they even provide assembly tools clearly marked made in the USA.

Which one do you have? I dont think I will be dropping that kind of money but I am looking at pellet grills now. Rectec is in the lead.
Take a look at Grilla Grills. I love mine. Solid built and backed by some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

I have the upright Grilla and just set up the new Primate gas unit. The Grilla upright (fire box below the heat deflector rather on the side) can sear meat and can easily get to 500 degrees.... while also creating fantastic smoke at 185. It's a unique entry in the market. They also make a more standard off set box grill called the Silverback.

Even if you don't buy one from there.... their recipes and videos are great places for ideas.

I bought an American niche brand once, it was a great grill. 10 years later they were out of business and the grill is trash. Now I buy Weber and Traeger. Grills absolutely do require service parts at regular intervals long term to survive in my opinion. If you don't mind replacing the whole thing or doing some fab work to keep it running I say go for it but if you are on a budget it's not the best option.

I wasn’t meaning just MAK, I’d think we’d see some companies leaving Oregon at some point.

Thinking of firearm optics and such.
Maybe..... the cheapest ports of entry in the US are all along the Columbia River. Cheaper labor in those Oregon and WA cities as well.

I know people in ownership of Speer and CCI in Lewiston ID and they tell me that raw materials coming in from the Pacific cost much less if they are transported directly to Lewiston rather than offloaded in Portland or Seattle and trained or trucked in. Same goes for all the cities along the Columbia.