How much for a used 32RH transmission and labor?

1) What the hell happened to transmission prices? It's been many DECADES, but I had my 1965 Mustang C4 auto 3 speed trans rebuilt for $150.
fixed it... I have paid $450 for a 904, 727, 32 RH, and a 999 for the last 20 years to get rebuilt, Sonnax valve body modifications and shift kits, redline clutches are the norm, if you go to the thin ones you can get an extra layer of fibers and steels installed. Billet accumulators and servos have been around for 15 years and last longer than the plastic OEM ones but that is another $200, it adds up quick and not many people specialize in mopar transmissions.

Reactions: STHALTJ
I just had my 32rh rebuilt in my YJ They installed a higher vent tube. The reason, I took in water from a deep mud hole. I paid $1700 for them to pull it out rebuild and reinstall it.
_storage_emulated_0_DCIM_Camera_20171016_182027.jpg

with a one year warranty, With 198k on the jeep it was a good investment the jeep does not burn any oil or leak and the transmission rebuild brought it back to life.
This is my hunting jeep so all I do is drive it to my lease and drive thru what is in my way.

fixed it... I have paid $450 for a 904, 727, 32 RH, and a 999 for the last 20 years to get rebuilt, Sonnax valve body modifications and shift kits, redline clutches are the norm, if you go to the thin ones you can get an extra layer of fibers and steels installed. Billet accumulators and servos have been around for 15 years and last longer than the plastic OEM ones but that is another $200, it adds up quick and not many people specialize in mopar transmissions.

True about "decades". It was around 1990 that I had that Mustang C4 rebuilt, oceans of time ago. :) Still I wonder if shopping around local rebuilders, a decent price can be found to have the 32HR rebuilt. I see a rebuild kit for the 32HR goes for around $160.

I would be surprised if trans rebuild kits were no longer available for a 32RH, It and its family line has been in service for a hell of a lot of years. Now finding a mechanic that has any experience with the 32RH could be the problem. A tendency for some repair shops is to add a little padding $$$ to pay for THEIR education on the given item in need of repair or to scare off the potential customer so they don't have to learn a "New to them" trans etc. Some times they don't have the "special" tools the book calls for so the desire to "Get" the job is low. IE shop your repair shops! If it smells fishy,,,,,,,

I would be surprised if trans rebuild kits were no longer available for a 32RH, It and its family line has been in service for a hell of a lot of years. Now finding a mechanic that has any experience with the 32RH could be the problem. A tendency for some repair shops is to add a little padding $$$ to pay for THEIR education on the given item in need of repair or to scare off the potential customer so they don't have to learn a "New to them" trans etc. Some times they don't have the "special" tools the book calls for so the desire to "Get" the job is low. IE shop your repair shops! If it smells fishy,,,,,,,
You can buy kits all day long, 904 series transmissions are the same thing and racers are putting 1000 horsepower in front of them. There is only minor differences in the kits between the 904, 998,999, 32RH, etc.
http://www.aandatrans.com/http://coperacingtrans.com/http://www.tcsproducts.com/from [email protected] a billet servo

billet accumulator

1559746754637.png

Last edited:
ASTJP2 Exactly what I was saying.
The labor to R&R a transmission is definitely a cost factor. It is a lot of work even on a lift with air tools, trans jack etc, it just doesn't pop out LOL. (belly pan, drive shafts, transfer case, linkage, cooler lines, electrical connectors,shift cable, TV, OHHH boy

Good to know.

For the record. I took my Jeep to Westminster Transmission in CA. And they diagnosed my tv cable needed adjustment. Took about 5 minutes to fix. 4 other trans shops told me I needed a complete rebuild. This was 4 months ago. Still driving strong. So if your having similar symptoms adjust your tv cable first. May be an easy fix.

I'm curious if having the TV cables adjusted cleared the code you got. My wife's TJ is showing the same code and I replaced the TCC Solenoid and it's still showing. Looking for answers before I start chasing wires looking for a short. How much did the shop charge to do it?

I'm curious if having the TV cables adjusted cleared the code you got. My wife's TJ is showing the same code and I replaced the TCC Solenoid and it's still showing. Looking for answers before I start chasing wires looking for a short. How much did the shop charge to do it?

I don't recall any codes. But if there were it cleared them. The trans shop charged me nothing. It took him about 30 seconds to fix. I'd been told by 4 other trans shops that i needed a new trans.