How much money would I get for this jeep

myjeep3

TJ Enthusiast
Hello.. Wondering how much cash I could get for this jeep. Restored from ground up.
Below is an image.

For more image visit my built thread here: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/1997-wrangler-tj-tub-off-restoration-build.25434/

tj.jpg

I know this sounds negative, but honestly that doesn't look even remotely restored (and that matters, even if it has a lot of work done to it). I'm thinking maybe $6-7K at best.

I know this sounds negative, but honestly that doesn't look even remotely restored (and that matters, even if it has a lot of work done to it). I'm thinking maybe $6-7K at best.
:unsure: interesting!...

Hard to tell without more information. How many miles, auto/manual? Will you be adding the rest of the trim or selling it as it sits?

The best way to find it's value would be to look at jeeps around your area and see how it compares to others on the market. In CA it wouldn't be worth a whole lot since rust-free jeeps (no rust repair) are a dime a dozen but if your area is mostly rusted out rigs it could have more value.

Reactions: myjeep3
Hard to tell without more information. How many miles, auto/manual? Will you be adding the rest of the trim or selling it as it sits?

The best way to find it's value would be to look at jeeps around your area and see how it compares to others on the market. In CA it wouldn't be worth a whole lot since rust-free jeeps (no rust repair) are a dime a dozen but if your area is mostly rusted out rigs it could have more value.
by the way am not selling it. just wondering how much it could go for with all the repairs.
Its a 4.0L 5speed manual with 170k. @Alex01, yes will be putting all the trims back. And yes rust if crazy up here.

Ahhh, I was about to say... you'd get more money if the trim pieces were back on :ROFLMAO:

How is the frame?

Zedds dead. He was someone who paid too much for a Jeep but really wanted a Miata and was asking for advice on how to sell the Jeep for more than it was worth. The thread still lives on but no sign of Zedd.

Reactions: N757KF and Chris
This was a frame up restoration. Look at the link provided.

Ahhh, I was about to say... you'd get more money if the trim pieces were back on :ROFLMAO:

How is the frame?
His restoration thread looks pretty cool. You can see there are Safe T Caps on the frame in his frame restoration shots. They appear to have been installed before his restoration.

Reactions: Chris
His restoration thread looks pretty cool. You can see there are Safe T Caps on the frame in his frame restoration shots. They appear to have been installed before his restoration.
Yes, I was lucky those are just installed prior to purchasing the jeep. Those piece are expensive. The only patch I had to do on the frame was the rear spring upper plates on both sides, and clean and coat the interior of the frame.

Reactions: Chris
I was thinking $7-$9k. Since you are in rust country, others in your area would be happy that the rust has been dealt with and might be willing to pay a little more...

Good job on the resto though! You put a lot of hard work into it and it looks great. But a restoration such as yours was more a labor of love and you like will never recoup what you spent.

Wow! Read your post on what you've done to date... Really hard to put a number on that... will come down to what someone is willing to pay for basically a new TJ. I'm guessing at 30K but maybe up to 50K if you found a well off person who wanted it that way. (assuming you finished up the rock guard, lights, hood latch etc and made it 100%) PS Don't sell it!

Zedds dead. He was someone who paid too much for a Jeep but really wanted a Miata and was asking for advice on how to sell the Jeep for more than it was worth. The thread still lives on but no sign of Zedd.

I keep hearing references to Zedd and this infamous thread. can someone post or pm me the link, sounds like a good read.