How often do I have to drive my TJ?

Do any of your local stations sell ethanol free gas? I would start running that if your going to drive infrequently.

Honestly I'd be kinda surprised if Australia even uses ethanol in their gas, since they don't have the powerful American corn lobby extolling the virtues of their product as a fuel to inflate demand for it.

Honestly I'd be kinda surprised if Australia even uses ethanol in their gas, since they don't have the powerful American corn lobby extolling the virtues of their product as a fuel to inflate demand for it.
Can you even grow corn down there? I'd imagine all the scorpions & spiders would eat it all.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
X2. Ethanol absolutely wrecked two carburetors on my lawn mower despite the regular use of additives that claimed protection against ethanol. I ended up giving the lawn mower away and switching to an electric Toro lawn mower. Which reminds me, I have to drive the Jeep again to refill the tank with fresh gasoline.
No small engine with a carb stands a chance against that stuff-

The pilot jets are so small that the least amount of contamination will clog them, and the diaphragm of an accelerator pump definitely does not need any junk.

I’ve seen ethanol fuel break down in only a few weeks.

It is far more stable when captive under pressure in a fuel injection system, but I would never trust it for long-term storage.

The stuff is just a headache waiting to happen.

I'm pretty certain there are absolutely no fuel stabilizers that help prevent problems with gasoline that has ethanol in it. I've seen a few tests of them like the YouTube videos by Farm Project (very reliable) and they all showed no help was offered by them.
Hmm. I use ethanol free for small engines but before that was available I used additives regularly, now it seems I was wasting my money.

Thanks for all the reply's,

It's been an interesting topic with a lot to consider when storing or only intermittently driving you Jeep.
I've had arthritis since I was 35 and although it pains me to admit it, nowadays - as much as I love doing it - I can not push that clutch on a day to day basis.

I thought you weren’t allowed to leave your house in Australia these days?
Yep, my city is now officially "The longest locked down city in the world".

Make sure you have a good charger that will not overcharge the battery.
I have this, is it a good one?
https://www.projecta.com.au/battery-charger-products/ac080
I'm pretty certain there are absolutely no fuel stabilizers that help prevent problems with gasoline that has ethanol in it. I've seen a few tests of them like the YouTube videos by Farm Project (very reliable) and they all showed no help was offered by them.
Yes! And this explains it and other fuel storage stuff, I found this link the other day
https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/c...ices/fuels/opal-factsheet-storagehandling.pdf
We do ^