How the hell do I stop snoring?

Why is it you need to notify your electricity provider?
I do not know if yours gives a discount mine does not but my provider SoCal Edison will not turn off my power when we have rolling blackouts.

Just looked it up. My provider increases my base rate so I can use more electricity at the lowest rate before they rase my rate to the next price per kWh of usage.

Last edited:
Why is it you need to notify your electricity provider?
If your sleep apnea is bad, you get paperwork from your Doctor. Then you become a priority if the power goes out.

I have a whole house generator because when I had day surgery, they put me under I stopped breathing and my heart stopped. They used the paddles, only half of my heart started working, lucky for me it was the bottom half. I can't be without power.

I have to use my CPAP every night, and I'm still at high risk of having a stroke. If I had a sleep study done earlier than I did my heart might not be screwed up.

When I had the study done they came in 30 minutes after I fell asleep, they said 82 events every 60 seconds. We don't need to see anymore, they put on the mask the first time in ages I had a dream.

So don't be like me, get it fixed before you screw up your heart.

I use to snore alot. My wife would kick me and and I'd be like What the Hell, your snoring , I haven't even fell asleep yet I thought🤣
It socks and I feel your pain. I was pretty stressed out and working pretty hard back then not sure if that had anything to do with it. Some how I just don't snore as much these days and haven't hit the guest room to not be kicked.
Good luck I hope you figure it out.
I even tried to make ear muffs that she could wear that wouldn't impede her comfort, easier said than done. She would never had worn it anyway just send me to another room .

I use to snore alot. My wife would kick me and and I'd be like What the Hell, your snoring , I haven't even fell asleep yet I thought🤣
OMG this. My wife punches me about 3 times a week. "You're snoring!" "Bullshit...I'm not even sleeping!" Lol. I thought I was the only one. I'm going in for my dental measurements for the appliance this week. I can't wait. I don't dream at night, wake up tired every morning...2100 bucks because my dentist isn't in my health ins. network, but money well spent for a solid night's sleep.

I bought my wife some Harmon Kardon noise cancelling headphones for christmas to help. How she sleeps with those on, I have no idea, but she Loves em.

The interesting thing about me is that I never feel tired or lack of sleep. In fact, I sleep like a damn baby every night. I have such deep, amazing sleep that it’s almost unreal. Doesn’t mean something still couldn’t be wrong, but I can tell you I never ever feel like my quality of sleep sucked.

In spite of all the doom and gloom, there ARE people who just snore... But I never thought I slept poorly til I started sleeping better...

Reactions: Chris
The interesting thing about me is that I never feel tired or lack of sleep. In fact, I sleep like a damn baby every night. I have such deep, amazing sleep that it’s almost unreal. Doesn’t mean something still couldn’t be wrong, but I can tell you I never ever feel like my quality of sleep sucked.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Reactions: Chris
Not doom and gloom just for some people the $15 fix isn't going to cut it.

I certainly didn't mean to downplay the seriousness or the possible longterm effects. My Dr made it plain to me that, if I didn't start using CPAP, I WOULD die early because of the damage my heart was taking due to apnea. Your situation, obviously, is VERY serious as well. That said, snoring isn't necessarily a problem in and of itself (Mrs. Chris' feelings on the matter notwithstanding). Apnea is the real killer.

I certainly didn't mean to downplay the seriousness or the possible longterm effects. My Dr made it plain to me that, if I didn't start using CPAP, I WOULD die early because of the damage my heart was taking due to apnea. Your situation, obviously, is VERY serious as well. That said, snoring isn't necessarily a problem in and of itself (Mrs. Chris' feelings on the matter notwithstanding). Apnea is the real killer.

Sleep Apnea aint no joke.

Allergies makes it worse, so when they're acting up I'll take a pill for that.
Completely agree on the allergies. In the early days, my wife and I moved to an apartment. Turns out, it was Cat central. Since I'm allergic to them, I started snoring. Once we moved away, the snoring stopped.

Reactions: nathanotis
Things that helped me were to stop eating early in the evening. No food after 7pm is the rule and seems to help the most for me. Going to bed with a full stomach was a snore inducer. This does not preclude a good wisky in the evening, just no food or beer. Also, cutting down on dairy for me helped as I am slightly allergic to it. Finally, as other have said a humidifier in the bedroom at night works well to help me from snoring.

You know.. The allergy thing might have some merit. @Chris did your wife complain about the snoring when you guys lived in Oregon? The desert is much drier, obviously. You might need a humidifier in the room.
Nope, not at all. The more I think about it the more I too am thinking it might be allergy related.

Reactions: Mike_H