How to install an auxiliary backup light on the stock light housing

I like the idea, but I think I would like to have them on there own switch and not come on every time I put in reverse. Great on the trail but I think around town you may piss off people in parking lots

Reactions: Irun
I like the idea, but I think I would like to have them on there own switch and not come on every time I put in reverse. Great on the trail but I think around town you may piss off people in parking lots
No reason you couldn't. I was going for a simple no wires to run version. If I do it again, I'd consider doing this though.

My apologies, I didn't see this until now. The replacement LED bulbs I used for the stock housing were these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C6FXBN4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C6G2VFR/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Is it necessary to replace the OEM flasher with an LED version with these replacement bulbs in the OEM housing?
Looking at flush mounting my OEM tail lights and might as well LED them also.
Already have reverse lights on top of my bumper.

Thanks.

Reactions: Irun
Is it necessary to replace the OEM flasher with an LED version with these replacement bulbs in the OEM housing?
Looking at flush mounting my OEM tail lights and might as well LED them also.
Already have reverse lights on top of my bumper.

Thanks.
My experience has been that anytime I've added LED bulbs the relay had to be replaced.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
My experience has been that anytime I've added LED bulbs the relay had to be replaced.

So I agree with this. I even soldered a resister in my stock flasher to fix the problem. But these new led bulbs have the circuitry to handle the power drain differences.

So I agree with this. I even soldered a resister in my stock flasher to fix the problem. But these new led bulbs have the circuitry to handle the power drain differences.

Gosh I see I resurrected this thread. Lol. So sorry! Was just trying to find oem compatible leads for the stock fog harness! My daughters jeep is a Sahara but they had removed the lights. Rather not go cutting splicing like the old days. Lol

I had some small rectangle ones mounted on my CJ8 in that same location. Worked great, and there weren't really any other good options.

Here's what I have (for now) on my LJ. They fit because of the 1" BL.

View attachment 200402

*blows dust off old thread*

@LONGJP2 can i ask what you did for mounting these rear lights?