How to install Hyundai Tiburon seats in a Jeep Wrangler TJ

I could be wrong but it looks like you're using the rear Tiburon brackets. Each seat has one at the rear of each slider. They're quite a heavy stamped metal piece. I used the Tiburon sliders (I think you did too) but I removed the rear brackets.

The Tiburon brackets have quite a bend in them. It would effectively set the height of the rear of the seats. I cut and drilled some spacers from the scrap 1/4" flat bar. I figured I could just add spacers until I found a rear seat that I liked.

I could be wrong but it looks like you're using the rear Tiburon brackets. Each seat has one at the rear of each slider. They're quite a heavy stamped metal piece. I used the Tiburon sliders (I think you did too) but I removed the rear brackets.

The Tiburon brackets have quite a bend in them. It would effectively set the height of the rear of the seats. I cut and drilled some spacers from the scrap 1/4" flat bar. I figured I could just add spacers until I found a rear seat that I liked.
I assume this is the bracket you’re talking about. Did you tie directly into the slider?

CD77768C-3717-400D-95B5-595F8FEA8C90.jpeg

Those are the ones. I removed them (2 nuts per bracket) and bolted the sliders to 2" wide flat bar. See the 2 holes in the flat bar cross brackets I made - note the 2 holes in the flat bar - pic 3 in the first post of this thread.

Unless you can make it work, I think you're going to have to replace the flat bar in your pic above with 2" flat bar. Other than that piece, all other flat bar was 1.5" wide.

Reactions: hamrickac
Those are the ones. I removed them (2 nuts per bracket) and bolted the sliders to 2" wide flat bar. See the 2 holes in the flat bar cross brackets I made - note the 2 holes in the flat bar - pic 3 in the first post of this thread.

Unless you can make it work, I think you're going to have to replace the flat bar in your pic above with 2" flat bar. Other than that piece, all other flat bar was 1.5" wide.
I like your solution! I didn't think it through as far as you did. I started on the drivers side and was able to fit the track in without to much issue. When I got to the passengers side I just pulled out the angle grinder and chopped a notch in the slider bracket. I was planning on re-working the brakets so I'm definitely going to use your solution for the rear of the track.

Sounds good. I hope it works for you.

I really like the colour of the seats you got. They're going to look nice with the colour of your Jeep.

I was going to pull the trigger on Corbeau XRS next month. After reading this thread I may shift my thought process as I was going to order them with the lumbar and heating option which pushed the price tag to $1500ish.... Sounds like with a little looking you can find the Tiberon seats with heating and lumbar support.

Reactions: PCO6
I was going to pull the trigger on Corbeau XRS next month. After reading this thread I may shift my thought process as I was going to order them with the lumbar and heating option which pushed the price tag to $1500ish.... Sounds like with a little looking you can find the Tiberon seats with heating and lumbar support.
I've looked for Tiburon seats with heaters and haven't found any. I know they exist, I just haven't had any luck. I finally decided to install seat heater kits from Dorman. It was a pretty straight forward and easy job and the kits aren't expensive. I currently have most of the interior of my LJ out while I'm do some other work on it. The seats with heaters are ready to go in. The reviews I read on the Dorman kits were all positive so I'm looking forward to trying them out.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002U6IL9O/?tag=tjforum-20

Note: This link might come through with Canadian prices.

• Love
Reactions: BoundlessBasu
I did this in a Suzuki Samurai once. But I used Honda seats. These Tiburon seats look perfect for a Jeep. And your solution - without welding - is great! Those looking for seats might try www.car-parts.com That's the nationwide clearinghouse for most all junkyards across the US. I had a set of Jeep seats shipped to me from Norcal to Socal. Quite a distance and it was very cheap. They have the freight thing down.

Reactions: Marklar1983
I was asked a question via a private message about how I cut the Tiburon plastic trim piece on the driver's seat in order for it to avoid hitting the TJ retractable seat belt reel. I used Dremel tool and by trial and error eventually ended up with what is shown in the pic below. With the seat installed you barely see the areas that were cut. There may be other ways but I hope this helps for those who are curious.

I was also asked if I used the original Jeep seat belt receivers and the answer is "yes". They bolt right on to the Tiburon seats. I did not hook up the buzzer (or whatever it is) that reminds you to put on your seat belt. I'm sure it can be done but I figured I could do without the annoyance.

19-09-30.JPG

Reactions: Hesher and derekmac
I took the sliders off the tiburon seats and replaced them with 1" square tube, then ran flat bar across to attach to the original jeep sliders. Just need to hook up the cable for tumble feature.
I removed the 2" spacers from under the original seat brackets and although the finished product sits a little lower, I think I like it.
Thanks for a great idea on a really comfortable seat!!!

If anyone is wondering, seats from 2009 model will work as well, with minor imperfection.
A local asshole from NW Florida ( i hope you reading this) placed this seats on craigslist as "tiburon steats for tj!", so i jumped on them quickly thinking it was my lucky day after i spent two month of search with no luck for 2003 model.
He even gave me a whole speech about their compatibility with TJ Jeeps, and this guide on how to install them, and how he changed his mind after going with bla bla bla ...

Final product will point a little bit towards the doors, this will be due to combination of tapered design of center console, width of the seats, and interference with stock seat belts.

Before going this rout, one must understand that we all have different body structures.
I am in my late 20s, 5'9 and very fit. When i drive, this minor offset is not noticeable, my passengers are not complaining either.
TJ steering wheel is a bit off to the left as is (i bet you never noticed it) , and with this seats it will be a little bit more pronounced, but no worries, inside door handle still serves its purpose as a elbow rest.
Due to your body structure, your result may be different.

When i was making brackets for them, and measuring every millimeter for their fitment, on paper it looked a bit off. In reality it is not noticeable, and seats are extremely comfy and supportive compare to originals. Literally fit like a perfect glove, without exaggeration i almost melt in them.

If needed, let me know, i will pull em out to share my measurements.

If anyone is wondering, seats from 2009 model will work as well, with minor imperfection.
A local asshole from NW Florida ( i hope you reading this) placed this seats on craigslist as "tiburon steats for tj!", so i jumped on them quickly thinking it was my lucky day after i spent two month of search with no luck for 2003 model.
He even gave me a whole speech about their compatibility with TJ Jeeps, and this guide on how to install them, and how he changed his mind after going with bla bla bla ...

Final product will point a little bit towards the doors, this will be due to combination of tapered design of center console, width of the seats, and interference with stock seat belts.

Before going this rout, one must understand that we all have different body structures.
I am in my late 20s, 5'9 and very fit. When i drive, this minor offset is not noticeable, my passengers are not complaining either.
TJ steering wheel is a bit off to the left as is (i bet you never noticed it) , and with this seats it will be a little bit more pronounced, but no worries, inside door handle still serves its purpose as a elbow rest.

When i was making brackets for them, and measuring every millimeter for their fitment, on paper it looked a bit off. In reality it is not noticeable, and seats are extremely comfy and supportive compare to originals. Literally fit like a perfect glove, without exaggeration i almost melt in them.

Pictures?

The reviews I read on the Dorman kits were all positive so I'm looking forward to trying them out.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002U6IL9O/?tag=tjforum-20

Note: This link might come through with Canadian prices.

Was reading the reviews too earlier on this heater.
Did you need a better fuse tap with the dorman install?

Share with pictures please!

Was reading the reviews too earlier on this heater.
Did you need a better fuse tap with the dorman install?

I did! The kits came with taps that I wasn't familiar with. They were basically small strips of copper with a wire attached. You would push the copper strip in to the fuse box … but I tossed them.

I tapped into the fuse panel behind the glove box with one mini tap to circuit 19. I then split the circuit with the supplied harnesses to each seat. I was able to shorten each harness by quite a bit. Being "universal" kits Dorman provided a lot of wire. Each kit came with a regular size 10 amp fuse. Everything worked great and I am really enjoying the "heat".

I'm thinking of installing the same kits in my XJ which has power leather seats. I'm expecting it to be a bigger job simply because they they're heavier and are going to be a pain in the butt to get in and out. That will be a job for NEXT winter.

Reactions: BoundlessBasu
Old NBC jacket i brought back from Iraq.
I have been using it as a throw away jacket, then one day decided why not use it as a seat cover. Tie sleeves behind the back and Vola!

Strap around the head piece is an old medic bag.
external-content.sfdvfsreduckduckgo.com.jpeg

Reactions: Ephry73
Old NBC jacket i brought back from Iraq.
I have been using it as a throw away jacket, then one day decided why not use it as a seat cover. Tie sleeves behind the back and Vola!

Strap around the head piece is an old medic bag.
View attachment 126681
Ha, I used the desert Camo pack cover issued for the Gulf War as a spare tire cover for years.. Thought it looked damn familiar.