How to protect the back of your TJ with Wood

HoweTyler

Supporting Member
Since I do not use the back seats of my 2006 TJ, I removed them and added a wood floor in the back. It helps protect the thin floor of my TJ from all the tools and things I carry with me when wheeling. I found I was really denting it up. I used the seat mounting holes for tie-downs and I add Linseed oil every couple of years for protection. Works great!

IMG_0874.jpeg

I like the tie down points installed. Mine has seen better days. I have some carpet coming soon but otherwise the dents and scratches dont bother me too much. I

Reactions: HoweTyler
I like the tie downs for sure. Never have enough spots to lash things down...

If you extend it over the footwells and add a couple hinges, you could get some easy underfloor storage like minivans have. Maybe even make it lockable

Reactions: HoweTyler
I like the tie downs for sure. Never have enough spots to lash things down...

If you extend it over the footwells and add a couple hinges, you could get some easy underfloor storage like minivans have. Maybe even make it lockable
I have actually been thinking about that exact thing. I currently just have a best-top cover over the rear but I like those aluminum drawers that you can install and lock up. The problem with those is the weight. Since I have the cage over the area for my spare tire to mount I enclose a pretty large area. I'll fi gure out something...