How would you suggest getting this bend out of my bumper?

Well, it makes perfect sense from a business stand point. If I return it, they have to pay for return shipping, restocking, then shipping me a new one. That's got to be maybe $200 just in shipping alone, given how heavy and large this thing is.

That bend was just stupid easy to get out. I thought it would be much harder, but it took one swing of the hammer with a 2x4 and that did it.

Will they really? Should I just email them photos and ask them to take some money off since it's damaged?

FYI, I fixed it... It took me literally a minute. Got a hammer and a piece of wood, gave it one big smack, and BOOM, came right out on the first hit. No damage whatsoever.

Did you hit the wood with the hammer over the spot?

Yeah they aren't too bad. Morris 4x4 Center OTOH - f**k those guys! They seem to farm out customer support to Hyderabad, they'll never get my business again.
Just to be fair, I have ordered from Morris several times, and the CS has been great. I even ordered an adjustable rear track bar, and it came with the wrong end, it was replaced without question. So not everyone has a 'never order from them again' experience.

Their shipping to NM has always been free and arrives within 3 days of shipment.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Called Quadratec, got $125 back as a refund. I'm happy about that considering the bend was easy to get out.
So QT didn't turn out to be the evil vendor after all...sometimes, you just gotta go with whoever has the stuff. Good for them for refunding you a big chunk.

I've only had good experience with them, in spite of their higher than most prices.

So QT didn't turn out to be the evil vendor after all...sometimes, you just gotta go with whoever has the stuff. Good for them for refunding you a big chunk.

I've only had good experience with them, in spite of their higher than most prices.

I didn't have a choice ultimately. They were the only one other than Morris who still had these bumpers listed for sale.

But yes, they made things right for sure!

I think i would not feel right taking money for something that was so easy to make straight. Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me there is still risk, if the powder coat is cracked (might not be able to see it) it will flake off for sure and Chris will be spending $$ to fix it in a few months....he could have been a real PIA and had them pick it up and ship out a new one!

To me there is still risk, if the powder coat is cracked (might not be able to see it) it will flake off for sure and Chris will be spending $$ to fix it in a few months....he could have been a real PIA and had them pick it up and ship out a new one!

I seriously doubt there will be any issue resulting from something that minor. Companies charge high prices for a lot of reasons, justified and not.

I paid over $600 for the bumper. It came with a bend in it, and there is a mark on one end where powder coat has been rubbed off (most likely from being in the box). It's small and I can touch it up with some paint, but the fact is that I paid $600+ for a bumper that should have been perfect. I could send it back and take my chances with another, but receiving a little money in exchange for keeping it seems fair to me, even if it's something I can fix.

My conscious can live with this just fine. No one got screwed over here, including Quadratec.

I paid over $600 for the bumper. It came with a bend in it, and there is a mark on one end where powder coat has been rubbed off (most likely from being in the box). It's small and I can touch it up with some paint, but the fact is that I paid $600+ for a bumper that should have been perfect. I could send it back and take my chances with another, but receiving a little money in exchange for keeping it seems fair to me, even if it's something I can fix.

My conscious can live with this just fine. No one got screwed over here, including Quadratec.

Different generation I guess.

That's what I was thinking. This box has to weigh 90 lbs, and it's huge. I'm guessing that would be almost $200 in shipping both ways.

full disclosure here...my passenger side mounting point has some powder coat flake off d/t shipping. I had Mopar flat black and nobody will ever know it was there except you guys now hahah. You got a steal for that bumper of you got 125 back. Well done

Reactions: Dennis Velez
full disclosure here...my passenger side mounting point has some powder coat flake off d/t shipping. I had Mopar flat black and nobody will ever know it was there except you guys now hahah. You got a steal for that bumper of you got 125 back. Well done

I agree! You touched it up with Mopar flat black? Where did you get the paint. I need to order some!

It's a small area, but again, when you pay this much for a bumper, it should be perfect IMHO.

Reactions: Dennis Velez
I agree! You touched it up with Mopar flat black? Where did you get the paint. I need to order some!

It's a small area, but again, when you pay this much for a bumper, it should be perfect IMHO.
I’ll pm you when I get home. It’s a small bottle that was made for my jk hard top. Color matches up perfect. Got it off amazon.

Reactions: Chris