Hows the rain in your part of the world?

Been raining fairly consistantly here in Kona on the Leeward side of the Big Island (Hawaii) for the last two years. Typically dry over the winter with midday showers in the summer but as been raining year around. The rest of the Island and the other islands in Hawaii have been suffering low rainfall while everything is green in Kona.

Pissing it down here and 19 deg (that’s about 66). Supposed to be summer.
At least we have been getting 25deg during the day and its winter.
All them lockdown days you had over there and you cant even have a pint and a pack scampi fries outside the pub in the beer garden :(

What rain? It's like a furnace here in Spokane, WA, complete with California's smoke.

• Sad
Reactions: ColoJeep
Smoke was horrible today
Yeah, it sucked. I think the air quality was 154 today. Last year it got into the 350s' or 500. I can't remember which, but it just sat here for 1 full week, gradually dwindling, till the winds kicked up. It was terrible, terrible.

We went camping for 5 days a few weeks ago and it rained every day. We got one decent afternoon and one night when we could have a fire. I really hate packing up in the rain and the clean up takes a lot longer when you get home.

• Sad
Reactions: TJ Starting
Yup.... our Monsoon is back this year. My rain gauge is reading 10.5" for the year! That's over average and still 2 more months of monsoon to go....

My pool overflowed last weekend with one of the larger storms.
Yep, our pool overflowed as well!

Yeah, it sucked. I think the air quality was 154 today. Last year it got into the 350s' or 500. I can't remember which, but it just sat here for 1 full week, gradually dwindling, till the winds kicked up. It was terrible, terrible.
We FINALLY got some systems here in the Salt Lake valley that brought actual rain & blew all that smoke out. It’s been insufferable for the past month. I live about 12 miles from the Wasatch range, the mountains take up half the sky from my front porch and there were more than a few days that you couldn’t see them at all.

• Sad
Reactions: JMT
Had a few scattered showers here this morning, hopefully we'll get more today, maybe knock down some of this smoke

Reactions: JMT
I thought you all were joking. You’re getting that much rain in AZ???

It's monsoon season, but compared to last summer where it didn't rain at all, this summer is proving to be a complete 180. We had 4 days straight of solid rain and flash floods.

Driving to Tucson the other day on highway 79 through Oracle I was shocked at how green the desert was. I drive that drive frequently and this is the most green I think I've ever seen it. It almost didn't look like Arizona. All that rain!

We had an arguably perfect July for weather here in western wa. No smoke, no rain, light breeze, and low 80s.

Sounds like the monsoon moisture is coming up to WA which will be welcome and especially help out the fires on the east side. Just rained last night which is first rain in a month.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I thought you all were joking. You’re getting that much rain in AZ???
IMG_3457.JPG

....from 2017 The pool IS my backyard!

PHX gets about 10" of rain a year. It seems to come in 2" storms a few times a year. It's rained at my place just about 1/2 of the days in July this year. Last Friday my backyard looked like this again.

Reactions: qslim