HP Dana 44 swap idea

Abecheese

I'm going to start off by saying that this will probbably die as an idea in my head even if this some how turns out to be a good idea

I have an hp dana 44 out of a 74 f100 laying around that I'd like to swap into my tj at some point, I do intend on shortening to wagoneer width and I have read the write up about that on here. The thing is that the radius arms are still attached to the tubes, my thought is that I could clean them up and replace the bushings then use the to make a sort of longarm front and possibly do something similar for the rear.

I'm going to start off by saying that this will probably die as an idea in my head even if this some how turns out to be a good idea

The thing is that the radius arms are still attached to the tubes, my thought is that I could clean them up and replace the bushings then use the to make a sort of long arm front and possibly do something similar for the rear.
Not sure if your idea is possible, but I would like to see how the project progresses.

Is that the style with the bolt/bushing for the frame side mount?

9869CF43-65C3-4156-B8F9-84D6029D134C.jpeg

Maybe if you reworked the mounts And arms. Other wise they May hang too low like in the photo.

I'm going to start off by saying that this will probbably die as an idea in my head even if this some how turns out to be a good idea

I have an hp dana 44 out of a 74 f100 laying around that I'd like to swap into my tj at some point, I do intend on shortening to wagoneer width and I have read the write up about that on here. The thing is that the radius arms are still attached to the tubes, my thought is that I could clean them up and replace the bushings then use the to make a sort of longarm front and possibly do something similar for the rear.
With a little think and work, all is possible.

Will you be fabricating your own brackets?

I do ask do cost efficiency.

Be eaiser to just cut them off if they are the welded on radius arms.

Some of those axles had cast radius arm mounts that are not removable. The only way around that is to re-tube it.

Also, the Wagoneer width is very desirable for a tire taller than 33”