I got it!!

1945GPW

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Well I'm the happy new owner of this LJ!! After 3 weeks of trying to go look at it we finally made it last weekend. Looking forward to some fun trips in it out west.

Q-M3-jqKEcni1QCzm-B1bCKNvdjFns_TVeAvMV9J6E7ZAee6gGhOudlcB3e8t-WjuZju6GS_QwaTXqII7yI=w640-h480-no.jpg

iRBAxdziHacAE3pfW6QIFtB0AkmmSQ65ZZ8tHjkE3KY2vsnCFdQgmv3QhCCD8KpRMuNGrCcGLEL861ElOLE=w883-h662-no.jpg

Thanks! A question I have regarding the suspension. Are the springs suppose to be arched like this? I don't see how they could be straight because the plate on the frame is welded on at an angle but I've never seen springs bent like this so just wanted to make sure. If I need to take a better picture just let me know

KV6D2RegE1lDs3Vp4LzWZi8wAwNQ0tWDUHc0JAkKmn8IkmAeqjsMfQ57drv5jbx-9Zb_J9tkbdETdxCec4U=w497-h662-no.jpg

Being that you have shock shifters on the lower mount, that tells me the pinion angle of your rear axle had to be rotated up to match the double cardan rear drive shaft. Lifting the jeep also puts the springs at a bit of an arch, but rotating the pinion makes it even worse.

Thanks! A question I have regarding the suspension. Are the springs suppose to be arched like this? I don't see how they could be straight because the plate on the frame is welded on at an angle but I've never seen springs bent like this so just wanted to make sure. If I need to take a better picture just let me know

View attachment 39473
I dont think so... is it like that on both sides ?

Yes its like that on both sides and yes the pinion angle has been raised as you can see in this picture. are the springs of concern or normal and safe since it is lifted and the axle has been rotated?

VxVYAN_BRlsEshnIv4qSFVxSrt8O01LKuwKcjIIZ8-RR7tddU7CPGJXd9y1yJGuawSZ1friHzzVS3gpCbkw=w883-h662-no.jpg

I haven't noticed any vibrations but I'll pay more attention to that next time I drive it.

after doing some research looks like I might need to do a relocation on the upper spring bracket from its stock location. Have any of you guys with a 4.5 inch lift done this to your jeeps? Think I will just move the stock bracket and re weld it in place.

csrelocator1.jpg

Last edited:
I haven’t seen where any guys have had the significant angles before, especially on al LJ, but as mentioned earlier your pinion angle appears way to high. I would seariously look at that first. Slight adjustments on the pinion angle, where it’s more parallel with the driveshaft, can make a world of difference. With an LJ your angles should not be near as aggressive as they are with TJs. Nice ride tough, looks clean, love the color!

Reactions: JMT
Nice Jeep,
I'm running a 4" lift with an LJ and I have no bend in the springs at all. Defiantly look at your pinion angle before modifying your springs, IMO which is not worth much, learning as I go myself

Reactions: JMT
Welcome! Great looking Rubihara, what number is it? There is an online registry for our little unicorns here:http://www.rubiconsahara.com. Some good info on our model there as well. If you do Social Media there are two really good groups I could recommend as well: LJ Nation and "2005 Rubihara Owners Group".

Its number 526

Did some light trail riding this weekend. Did really well until the radiator line came off and dumped all my coolant, had a gallon of water which got me back to the main road then some friendly people helped us out and got some more water for us.
OdQzelzg_TePyDC2uRYfhXlX15a2rO9aov9wZtn9M1EKYxntnczasdXQsy68cXkDb2dF8sNHWIh5r7TjzuY=w373-h662-no.png

wSRasrGKJ7X7fqZbnArVihS84hMuMvOy8vDxB2uOm9OC4gpC6wcbY98USSsZf1ond5THgS6BQBqbCgoKgYo=w373-h662-no.png

Adjusting the pinion angle will be next on the list. Unfortunately I'm currently replacing the heater core and a/c evaporator.

li2Nk_Td64M-ffUtzoJLqbWujyQXLJwNCHI3z7dzZPtsz4Y__dbSrppiPcCmepbHJo0t53mmJ0Nnp_TIrVM=w883-h662-no.jpg

Nice Jeep,
I'm running a 4" lift with an LJ and I have no bend in the springs at all. Defiantly look at your pinion angle before modifying your springs, IMO which is not worth much, learning as I go myself

If its not to much trouble can I get a picture of your pinion angle and your spring? I'd like to see how far off mine is compared to yours. I called Full Traction which is the manufacture of my lift and they said a bend in the spring is completely normal and all jeeps with a lift have a bend. They also went on to say if it wasn't suppose to be there they would have made a relocation bracket and sold it with the kit. I'm no expert with suspension so just relying on what the people who make these say. Hopefully adjusting the pinion angle will help a little if anything to ease my mind.