I got it!!

I need to replace my evaporator as well. Any tips on pulling the dash? I see you have it suspended with rope. Is that the best course? Did you have to drop the steering column?

I need to replace my evaporator as well. Any tips on pulling the dash? I see you have it suspended with rope. Is that the best course? Did you have to drop the steering column?

It’s pretty straight forward. You have to pull the steering column but that’s to easy, literally just 4 bolts mounting it plus one bolt clamping the steering shafts together and all the wiring connectors. Just don’t turn the steering wheel once it’s out so you don’t damage the clock spring. take your shifting console out before you pull the dash, I forgot and it was a pain doing it while holding the dash. You can pull it out completely if you want but it’s not nessasary, I didn’t because I have some of the wiring spliced due to the Cummins and it’s kind of heavy for one person to maneuver. It took me about 2 hours to get it out taking my time. I’m just waiting on the parts now. Got an oem evaporator off eBay for 258 cheapest I’ve found. My heater core was originally why I pulled the dash and I got an oem from eastcoastmoparts for 219. It had an aftermarket heater core and the shop that deserviced my a/c broke the condenser line when disconnecting the tubes so unfortunately I have to replace both. I should have taken more pictures but it’s really not bad.

Reactions: Chris
Cool! Thanks for the intel. I'll be replacing my heater core while I'm in there as well.

after doing some research looks like I might need to do a relocation on the upper spring bracket from its stock location. Have any of you guys with a 4.5 inch lift done this to your jeeps? Think I will just move the stock bracket and re weld it in place.

View attachment 39486

Sounds like weld-on would be more appropriate for your application/use.

I have the AEV bolt-on from years back (2008-9?...). Bolt-on fit my needs and matched my lack of welding skill. Downside of bolt-on was it added an 1"-5/8 in back. After some arduous research (10min on Google), I mounted OME 2.5"-3" coils (My front coils are some older Rubicon Express 3.5", they run closer to 4")

Upside- Supper comfy ride loaded, or unloaded, less body roll / less top heavy feeling from rack around corners. Lost some,2 inch maybe, rear articulation, not enough to limit higher moderate trails.

If its not to much trouble can I get a picture of your pinion angle and your spring? I'd like to see how far off mine is compared to yours. I called Full Traction which is the manufacture of my lift and they said a bend in the spring is completely normal and all jeeps with a lift have a bend. They also went on to say if it wasn't suppose to be there they would have made a relocation bracket and sold it with the kit. I'm no expert with suspension so just relying on what the people who make these say. Hopefully adjusting the pinion angle will help a little if anything to ease my mind.
Sure I'd be happy to I won't be back till the weekend and I'll try to remember to reply with a pict.

5BE1EFB6-A317-421B-827E-9397BFF9DAD9.jpeg
5BE1EFB6-A317-421B-827E-9397BFF9DAD9.jpeg
70F3D7E2-B981-4942-97E1-3CEEB10DDFEE.jpeg
4D5A1CF4-74C2-42FD-99C9-4C0DEA8908BD.jpeg
8283BC81-7348-4DEB-A771-7F5F26987CDB.jpeg
7E38DA40-CAC2-4E27-8CFB-4E241ADD2B04.jpeg
If its not to much trouble can I get a picture of your pinion angle and your spring? I'd like to see how far off mine is compared to yours. I called Full Traction which is the manufacture of my lift and they said a bend in the spring is completely normal and all jeeps with a lift have a bend. They also went on to say if it wasn't suppose to be there they would have made a relocation bracket and sold it with the kit. I'm no expert with suspension so just relying on what the people who make these say. Hopefully adjusting the pinion angle will help a little if anything to ease my mind.

8D1133BB-8EA2-4BB0-85A6-030D89E54118.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Thanks for the pictures. hopefully I can get mine a little more like yours.

after doing some research looks like I might need to do a relocation on the upper spring bracket from its stock location. Have any of you guys with a 4.5 inch lift done this to your jeeps? Think I will just move the stock bracket and re weld it in place.

View attachment 39486

This is the only correct fix after lifting jeep. See what angles need corrected, cut off the offending mount, weld new one in its place, back to jeepin.