I hate A-holes that decide on the freeway that they need to wash their windshield

"And for the person who said the OP threw around the word “retard”. Actually he used the word “retarded” in the context that the informal definition applies “very foolish or stupid”."

DATED•OFFENSIVE
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
  • INFORMAL•OFFENSIVE
    very foolish or stupid.
    "in retrospect, it was a totally retarded idea"

• You understand its offensive and still condone it?

"And for the person who said the OP threw around the word “retard”. Actually he used the word “retarded” in the context that the informal definition applies “very foolish or stupid”."

DATED•OFFENSIVE
less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.
  • INFORMAL•OFFENSIVE
    very foolish or stupid.

Everything is offensive to someone. But much less offensive than what was said about the OP throwing around the word “retard” which describes a person, not a person’s actions as with the word “retarded” in this case

DATED•OFFENSIVE
  • INFORMAL•OFFENSIVE
    very foolish or stupid.

Yep, I use it all the time and will continue to do so. This snowflake is chiseled out of asbestos and doesn't melt very easily. I do however, tend to modify it some since it doesn't have enough impact by itself as in, did you see that guy almost hit that pedestrian? That is fucking retarded.

Yep, I use it all the time and will continue to do so. This snowflake is chiseled out of asbestos and doesn't melt very easily. I do however, tend to modify it some since it doesn't have enough impact by itself as in, did you see that guy almost hit that pedestrian? That is fucking retarded.

My brother has Down Syndrome and I have worked my whole life in organizations like Special Olympics, Easter Seals, Challenger Little League, etc... I cannot stand the thought that some hyper sensitive people out there tip-toe around the word "retarded" when it comes to describing folks who have some form of mental retardation. It's a clinical fucking term, yet here we are hand-wringing about it because some people decided to appropriate the word for something derisive. You should see the gasps I get when I say "my brother is retarded" to people, it's amazing. Look it up in the fucking dictionary and get over it, whatever new word you idiots come up with next will just get hijacked anyway and you'll be scrambling to come up with something else again.

Also, things can be retarded. It's ok.

And to get back to the thread topic I think the overwhelming majority of people use their windshield washers so they can see better and not as a personal affront to the car behind them

Last edited:
My brother has Down Syndrome and I have worked my whole life in organizations like Special Olympics, Easter Seals, Challenger Little League, etc... I cannot stand the thought that some hyper sensitive people out there tip-toe around the word "retarded" when it comes to describing folks who have some form of mental retardation. It's a clinical fucking term, yet here we are hand-wringing about it because some people decided to appropriate the word for something derisive. You should see the gasps I get when I say "my brother is retarded" to people, it's amazing. Look it up in the fucking dictionary and get over it, whatever new word you idiots come up with next will just get hijacked anyway and you'll be scrambling to come up with something else again.

Also, things can be retarded. It's ok.

And to get back to the thread topic I think the overwhelming majority of people use their windshield washers so they can see better and not as a personal affront to the car behind them
Yeah, we had to set the timing on an camshaft synchronizer because it was challenged to the reverse of advanced. No, it was retarded and we had to advance it.

Yeah, we had to set the timing on an camshaft synchronizer because it was challenged to the reverse of advanced. No, it was retarded and we had to advance it.

How dare you, sir!

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
Words change so much that you can't go out and have a gay time smoking fags with your friends anymore without someone misinterpreting having fun smoking cigarettes with your buddies.

Words that change meaning and acceptance over time has always been fascinating to me. Generational differences I guess.

Calling a camshaft or distributor retarded is a little different than calling a person retarded.
All depends on intent. I have no issue with anyone being sensitive to a word. I have serious issues with you telling me to modify my use of that word because you happen to be feeling challenged. Grow up, get some thicker skin and find something else to be worried about. We are moving backwards as a society and that only happens when life is so fucking easy that the daily toil of just surviving is so far removed that we can run around and be hypersensitive to what others say and how they use a word. Take that shit elsewhere.

I don't get it, but this happens a lot. Some stupid fuck decides they need to wash their windshield on the freeway, and the washer fluid shit flies over their car onto my perfectly clean windshield. I don't remember anyone ever doing this years ago, but for about the last 5 years it has happened to me a good 25 times. It just did this morning.

How and why did that become some retarded trend?
Laziness

Some stupid fuck decides they need to wash their windshield on the freeway ...

Here I thought you were referring to someone exiting their vehicle and wiping down the windshield by hand.

Using the sprayer and wipers for the purpose intended? BFD.

You understand its offensive and still condone it?

You understand that others are not bound by what you deem offensive?

All depends on intent. I have no issue with anyone being sensitive to a word. I have serious issues with you telling me to modify my use of that word because you happen to be feeling challenged. Grow up, get some thicker skin and find something else to be worried about. We are moving backwards as a society and that only happens when life is so fucking easy that the daily toil of just surviving is so far removed that we can run around and be hypersensitive to what others say and how they use a word. Take that shit elsewhere.

Where did that come from? I never mentioned your name or told anyone what words to use or not use. I am not sure I am the one in need of thicker skin. It is sad to me that people take pride in refusing to change a word and not worrying about others. I would say that is a sign that we are moving backwards as a society. I am 53 and will probably not "grow up" beyond were I am now. I am comfortable of who I am and not worried about anything anyone says to me or about me.

82EE4156-09B5-4BB3-AC64-2EB94C5B8832.jpeg

All depends on intent.

That's about it right there. Things are retarded, people are mentally retarded, it's a description of a condition. It's funny, when I was growing up I was just filled with piss & vinegar looking to fight anyone that used that word because my little brother has Downs. Got into lots of fights and was locked up for assault more than once because of it. Then I joined the military and figured out that these same words that used to fill me with rage actually had nothing to do with the folks I thought were being made fun of; they were just words. Don't get me wrong, if you call my brother or anyone else with a similar condition a retard I'll drop you where you stand, but shying away from words just because some assholes adopted them for other purposes is wrong. Just my opinion.

Reactions: BigWheel88
On one of my first cars when I was young I angled one of my 'squirters' towards the curb...you can guess the fun I had with that 💦

That's a common tactic on USAF flightline vehicles. There are few better feelings than driving around ten hours into a 14 hour shift spraying people with washer fluid.

• Haha
Reactions: jeepins and Kiwi TJ
On one of my first cars when I was young I angled one of my 'squirters' towards the curb...you can guess the fun I had with that 💦
I did something similar in Auto Shop class in high school. I mounted a set of "squirters" in the center section of the grill on my '67 Dodge Dart. I then asked my teacher to come listen to some noise my engine was making (it wasn't). The whole time he stood there leaning under the hood, I was dousing the front of his pants. When he stepped back, it looked like he had pissed himself. Everyone around us was roaring with laughter! He never said a word, but just calmly walked back into the class. A couple minutes later, he emerged running at me with a seltzer bottle, and soaked my ass! :ROFLMAO: Good times!!!

That's about it right there. Things are retarded, people are mentally retarded, it's a description of a condition. It's funny, when I was growing up I was just filled with piss & vinegar looking to fight anyone that used that word because my little brother has Downs. Got into lots of fights and was locked up for assault more than once because of it. Then I joined the military and figured out that these same words that used to fill me with rage actually had nothing to do with the folks I thought were being made fun of; they were just words. Don't get me wrong, if you call my brother or anyone else with a similar condition a retard I'll drop you where you stand, but shying away from words just because some assholes adopted them for other purposes is wrong. Just my opinion.
That is it right there. I would never refer to your brother that way. You maybe if you do something retarded, but him, never.

Where did that come from? I never mentioned your name or told anyone what words to use or not use. I am not sure I am the one in need of thicker skin. It is sad to me that people take pride in refusing to change a word and not worrying about others. I would say that is a sign that we are moving backwards as a society. I am 53 and will probably not "grow up" beyond were I am now. I am comfortable of who I am and not worried about anything anyone says to me or about me.
Rhetoric, not specifically aimed at anyone in particular.