I have a leaking problem

TJ_Man99

I have a 97 Sahara with a 2003 hardtop with a sunroof. We had about 4 inches of snow today and its the first time that she has seen snow since I've gotten her. I got in here this morning and I noticed a drip coming from the sunroof, I looked up and there was condensation all over the glass of the sunroof. I haven't had this happen before, but it is super annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hardtop with a glass sunroof? Never heard of such a thing, haha. I wonder if it is an aftermarket top, or perhaps someone tried to install a sunroof in the stock hardtop? Perhaps someone else will know. Post up some pics so we can see.

I'm not entirely sure it was an aftermarket job.

SunRoof 1.jpg

SunRoof 2.jpg

SunRoof 3.jpg

SunRoof 4.jpg

It's not just condensation, whenever I go through a car wash, a little bit of water starts to come through.
You didn't mention that in your original post.
I would suggest replacing the rubber gasket that the glass seals to if that is where the water is getting through. Or if it's coming through around the frame of the sunroof, you would need to remove the sunroof and reseal it with a similar product used to seal roof vents on RVs.

You didn't mention that in your original post.
I would suggest replacing the rubber gasket that the glass seals to if that is where the water is getting through. Or if it's coming through around the frame of the sunroof, you would need to remove the sunroof and reseal it with a similar product used to seal roof vents on RVs.
I'll definitely try that. also, the dryer looks promising.

Reactions: reddvltj
I'll definitely try that. also, the dryer looks promising.
That dryer will pull the moisture out of the air but you have to remember to dump the water out of the bucket part from time to time. Do you have A/C, if so does it work? If so the evaporator will also pull moisture out of the air whenever the A/C is turned on. I can't remember how the 97s A/C turns on off the top of my head. And I can't remember if the defrost mode on 97s automatically cycles the A/C...

That dryer will pull the moisture out of the air but you have to remember to dump the water out of the bucket part from time to time. Do you have A/C, if so does it work? If so the evaporator will also pull moisture out of the air whenever the A/C is turned on. I can't remember how the 97s A/C turns on off the top of my head. And I can't remember if the defrost mode on 97s automatically cycles the A/C...
it does have A/C, at the moment it does not have heat, which is a real PITA, but replacing the heater core is going to have to wait till after I get back from school.

Reactions: reddvltj