I just can’t do it...

Y'all keep talking about bigger tires and I have a problem with mine. I have Yoko 31 x 10.5 x 15 on our new to us '04 Wrangler. I can't close the tailgate if there is air in the tire. We mostly tow it a few times a year, and short trips around town. It is not our primary means of transportation. I believe we have chased this cat before, but I don't remember any good answers to my problem.

The tire is too big for the tailgate? Might want to post a new topic about this. I know there is a solution too, but this hasn’t happened to me personally. I know for a fact others will know the solution though.

Reactions: David Jackman
The tire is too big for the tailgate? Might want to post a new topic about this. I know there is a solution too, but this hasn’t happened to me personally. I know for a fact others will know the solution though.

Chris, while trying to post a new thread, I found my original thread on the same subject from Feb/Mar 2017. I responded therein to a post from another member. I don't think posting a new thread on the same topic will serve any purpose. If you still think posting a new thread will be beneficial I will do it. Thanks.

Chief