I need a radiator and so will you

Expensive, but you're kind of backed into a corner.

That money can buy several “other” radiators - if I were to go that route. Not to mention it’s a 4 hour round trip to get it.
Not sure what the right play is here.

Reactions: BlueC
The same way any other old vehicle has been kept going. I can still source parts for a Studebaker, a company that folded in 1964.

No Studebaker car had the level of computerization and electronics we see in cars manufactured in the last 30 or 40 years.

Currently replacing radiator on a JK, they are also plagued with garbage selection of leaking junk that fails withing few month.
Through search i was able to find that Nissens is a maker of radiators for some brands, so maybe it is a decent alternative?

Reactions: TJ Jim
Just get the Automatic radiator from Mopar.

Mopar Is reducing the parts for older cars to make room for the new cars (which have way too many parts). Since the auto radiator will support vehicles with both types of transmissions, then that is the one they will stock. The auto radiator just has tubing that is loosely coiled from one port to the other in the tank. You are not losing any cooling by having it.

No Studebaker car had the level of computerization and electronics we see in cars manufactured in the last 30 or 40 years.

Not the point being made. Personal computers and smartphones also didn't exist, yet here we are having a conversation.

Think about this, computers and electronics started being implemented in common cars during the '70-80s, and really took off in the '90s. We're talking 30-50 year old vehicles. How many vehicles of these vintages do you see on the road today? I see quite a few around here.

Reactions: RINC
Not the point being made. Personal computers and smartphones also didn't exist, yet here we are having a conversation.

Think about this, computers and electronics started being implemented in common cars during the '70-80s, and really took off in the '90s. We're talking 30-50 year old vehicles. How many vehicles of these vintages do you see on the road today? I see quite a few around here.

My truck aint got no check engine light. My Jeep does.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Have a Mishimoto in the LJ. Started leaking in 14 months and replaced it under warranty. I’ll give Mishimoto some credit, the warranty process was simple enough. I have a Cold Case in my XJ. That thing keeps the 4.0 cold, too cold this time of year. When the time comes, a Cold Case will be going in the LJ.

Reactions: sideproject
I'd generally say no, except for these later model electronic gizmo vehicles, which will likely be cost prohibitive to repair as their electronics crap out with time. Something as mechanical as a TJ will be relatively easy to keep going.

I agree. We deal with this in older airplanes. Parts either become available through aftermarket sources, or end up being made custom

Reactions: BlueC

Yes but check out what happens when you click on buy now or add to cart. Out of stock message.
That aside, I’m on a trip now in a remote area. Was hoping the tiny seepage would hold out until I get home. Barely got the jeep off the trailer and it’s pouring out now.
So either I scrap the wheelin part of the trip and accept the 600 miles round trip with the trailer for no reason, or I drive an hour in the morning to Napa and get a replacement and go wheeling.

40C3681A-AAF2-444B-AEDC-459EBA8F5C58.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Yes but check out what happens when you click on buy now or add to cart. Out of stock message.
That aside, I’m on a trip now in a remote area. Was hoping the tiny seepage would hold out until I get home. Barely got the jeep off the trailer and it’s pouring out now.
So either I scrap the wheelin part of the trip and accept the 600 miles round trip with the trailer for no reason, or I drive an hour in the morning to Napa and get a replacement and go wheeling.

View attachment 387844

Get a replacement and go wheeling!