If you couldn't have a TJ

Zedd

TJ Enthusiast
A jeep TJ was my cheapest dream car I wanted. Over the years it just became more apparent that it was within reach. What are some other dream cars you would have if you couldn’t have a TJ ?
Mine are:
2EA52B39-24BB-4A5A-AF5D-DA2610CCFBAE.jpeg
7AF21319-4464-44E9-81A0-D249FB0B2439.jpeg
EB752723-3B70-4D80-ABA4-F99A2B80C7DB.jpeg

Id go older, it would still be a Jeep but..
this would work.
177400_Rear_3-4_Web-1.jpg

if it were a car.
autowp.ru_mercedes-benz_230_sl_5.jpeg

And when they make it, an electric 4x4, hopefully like this.
3e8e8bca4278ce2d897cca75b9bed000.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: q8ieng
Chevy Avalanche, Ford Bronco, Toyota 4'Runner, baja bug, hopped up golf cart......... oh wait, I've already had all those.
No real loyalty here. It's a means to an end. Driving in the open air, wind blowing, wheelin anywhere you want to go, etc. They all do it. Some just do it a little better than others.

Reactions: JMT
'77 Celica. Had one in the days of my ute, traded it on an '80. Worst car move I ever made. Like a TJ the '77 was rough, somewhat uncomfortable, and a blast to drive.

1575885522127.png

I went to high school with a guy who had a four wheel drive 1967 Firebird, that had an extremely built motor in it. To say it was a head turner is an understatement. To say it was fun is a huge understatement. We got in more trouble in that car than anything else we did. On a dare he drove it literally through a fireworks stand one night at about 50-60mph, after going through two ditches, jumping without touching the service road alongside the highway, and then about 11 miles across fields and through fences in an attempt to get away.
How stupid we were to think no one would clearly identify the car and report us.
Wish I had that car today. Looked something like this, only dark blue with silver stripes.

00CD0922-9D10-4EC8-9D22-52DAEF100EEB.jpeg

It went every direction we pointed it, and looked cool doing it. Through mud, across desert, over rocks, curbs, people’s yards, and over the hills to grandmas house! I’d trade my TJ for a well built one today!
(Dodging lightening strikes now)(Yikes!)

Last edited:
I wish I had a J6...
In all seriousness, I actually had a hard time thinking of something that I would want more than my Jeep. I wish my TJ was an LJ.. but I also just got a line on one so we'll see if my collection grows!

If I couldn't have a TJ, I'd want a YJ.

If I couldn't have a YJ, I'd probably settle on a JL, but if I had to switch to some expensive, tech-heavy modern car, I'd almost just want to wait until they had a full electric or hybrid version of a Wrangler.

Sports cars just never appealed to me much. Same goes for pickup trucks. I'd probably be relatively happy with an XJ though.