I'm new here from North Carolina

AndyG with good words of wisdom for you.

Take your time. All car work is frustrating. That's when it's break time. Most of the time when I come back from taking a break (an hour or a week, sometimes) things start to come together.

Use this Jeep as a learning experience. You can always sell it down the road and get a 6cyl. You've already replaced the radiator which is something I haven't done yet!

What year is your TJ?
I appreciate the wise words. My TJ is an 05 and I’m probably going to do all of my learning on her and sell her off for a 6cyl like you said. Then maybe I can get above 65😂

Reactions: AndyG
I appreciate the wise words. My TJ is an 05 and I’m probably going to do all of my learning on her and sell her off for a 6cyl like you said. Then maybe I can get above 65😂

*shrug* my 6cyl barely goes over 65 on purpose, when I am in the Jeep I am on relax mode. so you'll find me in the right lane doing 70 in a 70 ... cruisin :D

Yeah, I feel you. Like I said, my entire family is in that area, but I can only do a few trips a year lol. They always give me shit for not taking a job at CP and living there permanently, but it’s a lifestyle for some and for others not so much. Buy a boat and fish I guess? Fill little mason jars with sand & sell them to tourists with a free hermit crab?
Damn, I thought we filled Mason jars with "fruit" drink.

Hey @CandiNClint how's it going?
Sorry I've been MIA I'm right now focusing on my salt water reef tank and planning on building another shortly as I'm in Wilmington visiting an old friend and heading back to Greenville tomorrow. I should have taken the Mazda since there are 70 mph zones so you will catch me driving back to Greenville going 65 with the top down in the right lane *Polly wave*

BTW @rdu-jeep @1997JeepTJ @mgroeger would any of yall be down to do an offroading excursion at Uwharrie? figured yall would be some of the first to ask since you're more local and possibly have been(I did some money moving and did some changes in the setup so I can now actually go offroading)

I've been to Uwharie many times and have run everything except the front side of Daniel and I will probably never go back to Uhwarie. Why? Because we are literally moving to Hurricane UT as I type this!!! Yep, Sand Hollow will be 15 mins down the street from us so that will be our new playground and Moab is 5 hours away. Today we will be cruising across TN and over nighting in AK.
Other than that I'd love to go wheel with you... lol.
Best of luck, Uwharie is a fun place.

Reactions: qslim
I've been to Uwharrie many times and have run everything except the front side of Daniel and I will probably never go back to Uhwarrie. Why? Because we are literally moving to Hurricane UT as I type this!!! Yep, Sand Hollow will be 15 mins down the street from us so that will be our new playground and Moab is 5 hours away. Today we will be cruising across TN and over nighting in AK.
Other than that I'd love to go wheel with you... lol.
Best of luck, Uwharrie is a fun place.
Damn man I was really hoping some ol forum buddies from my first post would be able to go. But im glad that you're making a move for the better and hope that everything goes well for you! Drive safe!! And thank you a ton for letting me know that Uwharrie is fun after all!

Reactions: mgroeger
sell it down the road... hah!
Jokes on you, I already did! That’s the upgrade I did. I went and sold the jeep for 9600 and dropped an extra 400 to grab a 6cylinder😁😁😁 already has a 3.5-4 inch lift and 33 inch tires. Just upgraded the shocks bushings and most bearings and I’m going to be going to uwharrie soon! And also @OHFIVETJ we have the same jeep now except for the pentagram that a satanist carved into the side of mine and the now plastidipped purple doors to draw attention away from everything. My family is from Long Island so I wonder if you know them 🤔 do you know the Stevenson’s? Herb pat Susan Scott Neil Beth? They were well known up there!

• Angry
Reactions: TJ2
Thanks for the invite! I won't be able to go until next year sometime. I have to replace my front end steering components before I do anything (ball joints, u joints, etc.) and it's going to take me a while to get it done.

Glad you sold the Jeep that was giving you heart burn!

Thanks for the invite! I won't be able to go until next year sometime. I have to replace my front end steering components before I do anything (ball joints, u joints, etc.) and it's going to take me a while to get it done.

Glad you sold the Jeep that was giving you heart burn!
It was closer to giving me a heart attack. After I had to drop the radiator out and replace it on The 4th of July I was over it. Glad I got it out of the way because the new girl Calypso is a blessing and a half

Jokes on you, I already did! That’s the upgrade I did. I went and sold the jeep for 9600 and dropped an extra 400 to grab a 6cylinder😁😁😁 already has a 3.5-4 inch lift and 33 inch tires. Just upgraded the shocks bushings and most bearings and I’m going to be going to uwharrie soon! And also @OHFIVETJ we have the same jeep now except for the pentagram that a satanist carved into the side of mine and the now plastidipped purple doors to draw attention away from everything. My family is from Long Island so I wonder if you know them 🤔 do you know the Stevenson’s? Herb pat Susan Scott Neil Beth? They were well known up there!
No, sorry I don't ............

1603114257383.png

POPULATION : 7.647 million

• Haha
Reactions: mgroeger
BTW @rdu-jeep @1997JeepTJ @mgroeger would any of yall be down to do an offroading excursion at Uwharrie? figured yall would be some of the first to ask since you're more local and possibly have been(I did some money moving and did some changes in the setup so I can now actually go offroading)
Thanks for the invite but life's pretty crazy right now with aging parents and a new job. Maybe next year.