Increasing from a 2" lift to a 3-4" lift

Hammer24

TJ Enthusiast
Hi all, I've got a 2 inch OME lift with 31's, but I've decided that I'd like to move to 33's and therefore most likely a 3" (?) lift. What's the most economical way I can do this (without body lift), as in can I reuse the shocks or the springs or whatnot. Cheers.

You can just add a spacer lift on top of your current springs. You will need new longer shocks. And possibly brake lines. Reset your toe setting afterwards.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
JKS makes a 3 inch spring solution for you. You could buy the JKS springs and then sell your OME springs to recover some of that cost.

Ideally, a 4 inch spring would be more ideal. It really comes down to what spring rates and spring height would fit your Jeep build specifics.

A 1.25 inch body lift is a great option as it’s two for one. You make more room for bigger tires and room for a much needed tummy tuck.

If you went the body lift route (I know not your ideal way) you could keep your OME springs. You would need to measure for new shocks and bumps.

Any other route and you will obviously replace both your springs and measure for new shocks.

Last edited:
If the OP is looking for the least expensive way to gain some height then a new set of springs in a new lift kit isn't it. And if he says not a body lift then a body lift isn't it either. While I agree with both of you 100%, neither is what the OP is looking for. If it were me i would lean heavily to the body lift. He already has shocks and springs that he likes or he wouldn't specify wanting to keep them. I think suspension, steering, and brakes are the exact wrong thing to try and save money on, but hey, I'm not the one who will be driving it.

Agreed. I used to think they made no sense until I read a bunch of threads about them. Now it would be my go to after a 2-3" lift. Tho I have no need not intention to go past a 33".