Installed DPG Super Ultimate lift on my LJ

ItchyDong

Easily Offended
Supporting Member
Not that anyone cares (nor should they :ROFLMAO: ), but I'm PUMPED!.... Just pulled the trigger on the DPG Super Ultimate with J-Flex CA's, Brown Dog MML. Got (5) ProComp 7031 15X8's sitting in the garage waiting on me, that'll be wrapped in 33X10.5's BFG TA KM3's! Now, if COVID will ever let me the hell out of Afghanistan, I'll come home and put it all together!

"Super Ultimate"? Why not a "Super Ultimate Deluxe"?

Hell, why not a Savvy mid-arm? :LOL:

Reactions: Hopper
"Super Ultimate"? Why not a "Super Ultimate Deluxe"?

Hell, why not a Savvy mid-arm? :LOL:

I was "thiiiiis" close to going Saavy/Currie (whoever makes it). I had actually called Dirk up with those very intentions, but he talked me into his blended kit. I'd been debating those two lifts for months now, and just needed to get something ordered because everything is delayed. I'm fully capable of over-thinking a ham sandwich. I could've debated this until my funeral without actually ordering anything. He said that his kits are seeing a one to two month delivery time due to the BS. I need that kit waiting on me when I get home, because I've only got 3 months home before I deploy again.

Honestly, one dumb reason I steered clear of the Currie CA's for now... I deal with those "Johnny Joints" on helicopters and I can't stand the thought of them being on the Jeep. Dumb, I know, trust me I know. I can't tell you how many of those damn bearings I've cut out and staked in Pitch Change links due to binding, ratcheting, or too much axial or radial play.

I liked that the JKS had rubber on one end, paired with fact that the vast majority of guys who didn't pick heavy duty springs seem more than satisfied with the ride. We'll see how long they last and perform. Who knows, I'll probably end up with Currie under me like a lot of other guys. It's a journey :)

P.S. I also tried calling Saavy multiple times this week to no avail. Dirk picked up on the first ring. That's pretty damn cool in today's world, and went a long way in my decision.

Last edited:
My nephew is stuck in Kurgastan of all places. Only flights out now route through Moscow since the plague started. He was told might be a YEAR before flights go to Europe again! 🤷‍♂️
Good luck and God bless.

• Face Palm
Reactions: ItchyDong
My nephew is stuck in Kurgastan of all places. Only flights out now route through Moscow since the plague started. He was told might be a YEAR before flights go to Europe again! 🤷‍♂️
Good luck and God bless.

What a mess. This has been so surreal to watch America from a distance. The Army is being overly cautious. I get it. The last thing you want is an outbreak in theater. They've been moving troops after quarantine measures were satisfied, but us contractors are, understandably, low priority. Some contractors have been told they can quit, but they still can't leave post :ROFLMAO: "Seems" like (fingers crossed) they've finally worked a procedure for getting us replacements. We'll see! Tell your nephew to hang in there!

P.S. I also tried calling Saavy multiple times this week to no avail. Dirk picked up on the first ring. That's pretty damn cool in today's world, and went a long way in my decision.

Yeah, don't ever count on Savvy answering the phone. They build amazing stuff, but you'll never get ahold of them on the phone.

I will say however the few times I had an issue, they always made it right within a day or two at most, though that was done via email (which they do respond to).

Reactions: ItchyDong
Yeah, don't ever count on Savvy answering the phone. They build amazing stuff, but you'll never get ahold of them on the phone.

I will say however the few times I had an issue, they always made it right within a day or two at most, though that was done via email (which they do respond to).

Interesting! Good to know. I'll rock the JKS stuff for now, and then painfully overthink what I'm going to replace it with when it breaks :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Update: I’m a self-proclaimed idiot, so it comes as no surprise that I somehow ordered the incorrect springs for my LJ. Dirk caught the error, and called me back to make sure everything was correct before he shipped out the “idiot springs”.

Again, that’s not how business is done now days with a complete stranger/first time customer. Pretty cool.(y):cool:

Dirk is a great guy to talk to and great service. I just got all my parts delivered and I ordered from him just over a month ago. Now I'm just waiting for my TJ to come out of the paint shop.

I hope you update this thread when you get back to the states and get the lift on!

Dirk is a great guy to talk to and great service. I just got all my parts delivered and I ordered from him just over a month ago. Now I'm just waiting for my TJ to come out of the paint shop.

I hope you update this thread when you get back to the states and get the lift on!
[/QUOTE

I will!

Hey was wondering if you have received your lift yet? I ordered mine a week before you posted and I'm still waiting. I get anxious sometimes so peace of mind would be great lol

Hey was wondering if you have received your lift yet? I ordered mine a week before you posted and I'm still waiting. I get anxious sometimes so peace of mind would be great lol

I'm sure COVID has things slowed down as much as possible.

I don't doubt it porch pirates make me nervous that i'll miss something when i'm at work. I've never dealt with them before but I always have that what if... (anxiety)

I still haven't received the lift, but I'm still stuck in Afghanistan so I'm not near as anxious as you! :ROFLMAO: COVID overreaction has got every damn thing screwed up!

Reactions: nathanotis
Did you get this installed yet?!
Yeah she’s all on. I’ve had it installed for about 6 months now.

75AAE695-BEEA-49FE-A359-1BDD9262FB0E.jpeg

B379AE8C-8C20-4C6C-85C0-295DC32C9DEA.jpeg