Installing control arms

One of the things I want to experiment with is track bar clearance. Put the adjustable track bar in, and then move the axle forwards and backwards to see how much of a difference it makes for clearance with all the other bits under there. Same in the rear. At an inch and a half of lift, it might make or break a setup.

Easiest way to know for sure is to pull the front springs, set the axle at full bump, then adjust the arms until stuff starts hitting, then back off a tad to maintain clearance. Check to see how close your wheels are centered in the wheel wells.

No worries, I had the same question a couple of days ago and ran across that video, and it made sense. I probably wouldn't go with those arms either. I am looking at the Rokmen and the Savvy at the suggestion of @JMT or possibe the Cores as a suggestion of @Rob5589 and @bobthetj03

Thanks for helping me spend my money... I think I am going to have to order those Rokmen arms now.

Reactions: ac_
Thanks for helping me spend my money... I think I am going to have to order those Rokmen arms now.
So looking at the Rokmens unless I am reading it wrong they are not JJs but the Savy are all upper double adjustable with double JJ
I think the Rokmens have flex joints more like MetalCloak?

I personally like the looks of the Rokmen over the Savvy, but wonder if the Savvy would be better because of the double adjusters and double JJ?

So looking at the Rokmens unless I am reading it wrong they are not JJs but the Savy are all upper double adjustable with double JJ
I think the Rokmens have flex joints more like MetalCloak?

I personally like the looks of the Rokmen over the Savvy, but wonder if the Savvy would be better because of the double adjusters and double JJ?

The Rokmens are double adjustable, use JJ's at both ends, and the arms are steel. Savvy's use aluminum for their DA arms, as does Metal Cloak. All are within similar price point. Core 4x4 doesn't offer a double adjustable arm, and their tier 4 arms that have JJ's at both ends are actually more coin than Savvy's, MC's, and Rokmen's.

The Rokmens are double adjustable, use JJ's at both ends, and the arms are steel. Savvy's use aluminum for their DA arms, as does Metal Cloak. All are within similar price point. Core 4x4 doesn't offer a double adjustable arm, and their tier 4 arms that have JJ's at both ends are actually more coin than Savvy's, MC's, and Rokmen's.

Basically the Savvy, Currie, and Rokmen arms are all identical, with the exception of the control arm shaft, which is like you said, steel and aluminum. But the important part is that they use Johnny Joints.

The Metalcloak arms use the Duroflex joints. I'm sure those joints are good, but I personally want to stick with a Johnny Joint because it's tried, tested, and the more commonly used joint of the two.

This is a quote from the Rokmen site.

"Each arm features fully cushioned flex joints, providing improved on road handling and performance, as well as over 30º of off-road articulation. Rear Upper Arms feature our QuickSet design which allows for fast and easy pinion adjustment without having to remove the arms from the vehicle."

Does Rokmen mean fully cushioned flex joints are JJs?

This is a quote from the Rokmen site.

"Each arm features fully cushioned flex joints, providing improved on road handling and performance, as well as over 30º of off-road articulation. Rear Upper Arms feature our QuickSet design which allows for fast and easy pinion adjustment without having to remove the arms from the vehicle."

Does Rokmen mean fully cushioned flex joints are JJs?

I don't know why they don't mention them being Johnny Joints, but they are. Read the customer reviews on that page and you'll see they are indeed Johnny Joints. You can tell just by looking at them that they are.

I don't know why they don't mention them being Johnny Joints, but they are. Read the customer reviews on that page and you'll see they are indeed Johnny Joints. You can tell just by looking at them that they are.
OK then lastly I don't see anywhere if they come with hardware? Can I use the factory bolts with them and do I need cam bolt eliminator kit?

OK then lastly I don't see anywhere if they come with hardware? Can I use the factory bolts with them and do I need cam bolt eliminator kit?

I can't comment on the cam-bolt eliminator kit, since mine didn't have cam bolts on it to begin with (some TJs don't is my understanding). You can re-use factory hardware though, but I'd be willing to bet it includes hardware.