Interior lights to LED

Mulekicker1919

I have a 97 Jeep Wrangler all I want to change is the 2 floorboard lights and the interior light at the back of the hard top. The 2 floorboard lights are push and twist to get in and out. All the pics of led don’t look big enough for the bulbs I have. Anybody know for sure which led bulbs I need to buy. Thanks

Check with superbriteleds. They will have what your looking for..
Thanks I just looked on their website. They have what I needed. They make it easy to order. 👍
The under dash bulbs are 196’s Napa carries them usually may take a few tries to find the right size. I have them installed in mine they are a nice improvement.
Thanks

LEDs make a huge difference making your interior brighter. You also may wanna try replacing the white rear hardtop light cover with a clear one. I picked up one off ebay and it made a big difference lightening up the cargo area.

20201103_153738(0).jpg

My interior at night.

20201102_200058.jpg
20201102_200111.jpg

Reactions: Daubie3 and PRNDL
Swapping over to (interior) LED doesn't require adding any additional resistors or anything, right? Just get the right sized bulb and you're good?

I used the 921 bulb for my sound bar and 194s for the under dash lights. The under dash bulbs were 921 style, but the 921 leds were too tall to get the covers back on. The 194s that I got were shorter and fit good with the covers.

I used the 921 bulb for my sound bar and 194s for the under dash lights. The under dash bulbs were 921 style, but the 921 leds were too tall to get the covers back on. The 194s that I got were shorter and fit good with the covers.
How do you get the covers off the under dash lights? I unscrewed the housing from the under dash and quit there.. I'm squishy about forcing plastic parts apart. Have the 194s on order and already did the sound bar bulbs.
Don't use CARID.. they sent me all stuff too long for the application.. see above.

How do you get the covers off the under dash lights? I unscrewed the housing from the under dash and quit there.. I'm squishy about forcing plastic parts apart. Have the 194s on order and already did the sound bar bulbs.
Don't use CARID.. they sent me all stuff too long for the application.. see above.
If you are talking about the lights that point at the floor mats, I just popped the white covers off. Those pop off and on pretty easily.

They have little tabs on the inside. I just twisted the cover and pried with my fingernail and they popped free. I could see if they have more age or a harder life they would break. Some folks just leave them off to get more light.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
They have little tabs on the inside. I just twisted the cover and pried with my fingernail and they popped free. I could see if they have more age or a harder life they would break. Some folks just leave them off to get more light.
Underhood lens prys off also?