Is a full center console worth it?

TJoe

I use my 1999 2.5l SE as a daily driver and it never came with a full center console - only the half console with one cupholder. I've been considering getting one from eBay for the armrest functionality, extra cupholder, and extra storage. They run anywhere between $150 and $300 used, so what are your opinions on the TJ center console?

So worth it, I didn’t have one either and bought one and it made Daily driving so much better and can rest your elbow on the storage part

I hate every car/vehicle I've ever driven without a center console that provides a spot for my elbow to rest! Would be my first upgrade in any Jeep without one. Factory or Tuffy or custom - your call but would absolutely say it's worth it just for that arm rest (there's also the storage, extra cup holder, etc).

Then you can start getting into the ones with or without factory subwoofer, adding padding or not, etc on that choice but for your initial question - yes, that would be money well spent!

Mine didn't come with one. I added one later. Had it for a few years and just now removed it. Nice arm rest but seems a lot roomier without it and lots more storage space without it. Winter jackets, sleeping bags, supplies, beach bag, diaper bag, life jackets, etc that wouldnt come close to fitting IN the console fit great without it.

If you do buy one, make certain to get the right one for your particular year Jeep. Many different versions of the console were produced with slight changes and not exactly compatible with each other.

I have my center console out right now because i'm putting down Noico and it sucks not having my subwoofer or any cupholders.

My first tj had the console. The one I have now didn’t come with one. I would have put one in but my dog likes to hang out in the middle.
That explains this look...

WRWI2111.JPG

On my '06 the console sits low for my elbow to actually rest on it. Needs to be a couple inches higher up. I would think the earlier TJs with the higher seat mounts would be even worse. Do the Tuffy consoles sit higher up?

On my '06 the console sits low for my elbow to actually rest on it. Needs to be a couple inches higher up. I would think the earlier TJs with the higher seat mounts would be even worse. Do the Tuffy consoles sit higher up?
Keep in mind my TJ is a '98, so your seats are lower than mine, but this is how my tuffy console sits in comparison to my seats. I think it's pretty comfortable especially with the pad.
IMG_0007.JPEG
IMG_0008.JPEG