Is a full center console worth it?

The Tuffy in my TJ has the stereo option, I put in a Standard/Vertex tri band and a Cobra 75 in the stereo spot, mics are in the main compartment on hooks, this leaves most of the room still usable. I could not find any pics thst were not during the build process, everything is dusty and dirty.

IMG_1080_zps24j0p1px.jpg

Where the airbag control was, I built a USB port panel with smart chargers

IMG_3233_zpsjtg12pqo.jpg

IMG_1158_zpsd2pqcf1t.jpg

IMG_1166_zpsxani2yuv.jpg

IMG_6694.jpg

IMG_6691.jpg

The Tuffy in my TJ has the stereo option, I put in a Standard/Vertex tri band and a Cobra 75 in the stereo spot, mics are in the main compartment on hooks, this leaves most of the room still usable. I could not find any pics thst were not during the build process, everything is dusty and dirty.

View attachment 233478

Where the airbag control was, I built a USB port panel with smart chargers

View attachment 233479

View attachment 233480

View attachment 233481

View attachment 233482

View attachment 233483
There's a LOT going on there

Reactions: MikeE024
Elbow rest and a place to put your radio batteries, charging cords and a small flashlight. Knick nacks and such.

On my '06 the console sits low for my elbow to actually rest on it. Needs to be a couple inches higher up. I would think the earlier TJs with the higher seat mounts would be even worse. Do the Tuffy consoles sit higher up?

I had the full Tuffy ceter console (security, stereo, subwoofer) in my '04 Rubi. I put a 3/4" piece of plywood on top of the cover, took it to 'Vinyl City" and had it recovered. Perfect. I wish I could find another one of those consoles for my '06, but Tuffy doesn't make them anymore.

Frankly I feel the console is tiny & offers little space,
so thats why I put a Rockville amp inside of it

XIThaQt.jpg

I did buy that tire tread console lid tho which added some flavor
1712249327901.jpeg