Is it a sin to put Rubicon stickers on a non-Rubicon?

Randy_K

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have a 2005 LJ sport that I am spending a few months working on before putting on the road. I have a set of Rubicon Dana 44s as well as the transfer case. I am putting this and a long arm into my LJ. Is it a sin to put a Rubicon sticker on my new ride ?
42217602_10155492757917251_7625346381120536576_o.jpg

If it looks like a duck and Quacks like a duck....... is it a duck?

If you have the options that make a jeep a Rubicon it would be a Rubicon. In my mind.

You cant sell it as a Rubicon but i don't know why anyone would be upset if you did it. Maybe a few purists might have a problem with it. But its yours do what you want. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone or yourself.

I have a 2005 LJ sport that I am spending a few months working on before putting on the road. I have a set of Rubicon Dana 44s as well as the transfer case. I am putting this and a long arm into my LJ. Is it a sin to put a Rubicon sticker on my new ride ?View attachment 56238
That is a sin.
However just say a prayer and you will be fine.

That's called a Decepticon.

It will get you sent to heck. Not quite as bad as hell.

Say 30 JK's and don't make a habit of it , and we are gonna let it slide .

We 'll remember this thread though when you try to pawn it off on us 3 years from now .

Explain please. All I hear is good things about the long arm.
You aren't reading the full story about the importance of suspension geometry. Don't focus solely on arm length. Pay more attention to the mount locations and learn what the instant center is. Lifted short arms have problems, no argument there. However, bolt-on long arm kits trade one poor suspension for another because the mounts are never in the right locations. Again, you need to know what the instant center is in order to understand this. Then there is the clearance loss created by many of the bolt on kits.

The bottom line is that unless you can weld, there is no overall gain. All you are doing is trading one set of problems for a different pile of crap.

You aren't reading the full story about the importance of suspension geometry. Don't focus solely on arm length. Pay more attention to the mount locations and learn what the instant center is. Lifted short arms have problems, no argument there. However, bolt-on long arm kits trade one poor suspension for another because the mounts are never in the right locations. Again, you need to know what the instant center is in order to understand this. Then there is the clearance loss created by many of the bolt on kits.

The bottom line is that unless you can weld, there is no overall gain. All you are doing is trading one set of problems for a different pile of crap.

I am a welder fitter by trade. As for the long arm kit I am working with a shop that does them all the time. The LJ will have a 5" lift as well as the tummy tuck. I am expecting a good ride from what everyone else is telling me.. The Old TJ and New LJ.
tjlj.jpg

What is it about the long arm do you believe will give it a better ride than a short arm?

No, you shouldn’t put Rubicon stickers on a non-Rubicon. I wouldn’t put an M3 badge on a 330, I wouldn’t put a Trackhawk badge on my Limited Grand Cherokee, and I wouldn’t put a Shelby badge on a standard Mustang.

I have a 2005 LJ sport that I am spending a few months working on before putting on the road. I have a set of Rubicon Dana 44s as well as the transfer case. I am putting this and a long arm into my LJ. Is it a sin to put a Rubicon sticker on my new ride ?View attachment 56238
Whatever you like. What’s better is that in your case it’s basically true (pun intended).

I am a welder fitter by trade. As for the long arm kit I am working with a shop that does them all the time. The LJ will have a 5" lift as well as the tummy tuck. I am expecting a good ride from what everyone else is telling me.. The Old TJ and New LJ.View attachment 56312
By all the time, are they using a bolt on kit all the time?

If you have the axles and transfercase it is a rubicon. The only thing different at that point is the 1 inch wider fenders and a stamp on the vin.

Reactions: Drizit