Is it just me, or do these LED headlights just keep getting stranger and stranger?

I don't hate that actually, now something like this...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786ZWBZW/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Oh wow, those are horrible!

It's not that I hate the first ones, I just think they belong on a vehicle way more futuristic than a Wrangler... you know, an Audi or something along those lines.

On a TJ, I prefer something much more simple like my Vision X headlights. They're LEDs, but they don't look as modern.

Reactions: MikeM
JW Speaker and Truck Lites are the only good looking LED headlights.
I just took a look at JW Speaker again. The cost has dropped significantly in the last few years. They were said to be the best when I was shopping for LED headlights, but were twice as much as Trucklites at the time. Now the cost difference is almost negligable.

Speaking of LED headlights, I've noticed how a lot of people are running red, green, blue etc, Halos on their headlights and it has me wondering how they aren't getting tickets? I thought that the only color lights you could run up front while moving was white and amber, and red and amber in the rear. I know one of my friends sons got a ticket for displaying blue lights on his cars windshield wipers a couple years ago.
Just seems like a reason to get pulled over to me.

I just took a look at JW Speaker again. The cost has dropped significantly in the last few years. They were said to be the best when I was shopping for LED headlights, but were twice as much as Trucklites at the time. Now the cost difference is almost negligable.

Yes and no. They are cheaper then they use to be. But $300 for one vs $320 for a pair of Truck Lites.

JW Speaker and Truck Lites are nice but I got the KC led Headlights. They look more OEM than the rest. Plus they have a 23 year warranty.

Just looked up the KC LED headlights. You got the ones below? I kind of like them. Wish the logo were not as prominent. How do you like them?

J104739.jpeg

Reactions: Spic
Just looked up the KC LED headlights. You got the ones below? I kind of like them. Wish the logo were not as prominent. How do you like them?

Yeah those. Got them from Amazon for about $350 during a sale. They are ALOT better than stock but I do not have experience with others. I'd imagine the ones with a projector are better but I did not want a projector on my 19 year old TJ, although they look pretty cool on modified rigs.

There is a customer pic showing the brightness on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DNK7BG4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: JMT
Not a fan of LED's on a TJ. I went old school with some Hella H4's and 55/100W bulbs.

Me too. I went with VisionX H4s. I wish they would make LEDs in a warmer color temperature. But I'm starting to get swayed by the LEDs for the visibility.

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
Me too. I went with VisionX H4s. I wish they would make LEDs in a warmer color temperature. But I'm starting to get swayed by the LEDs for the visibility.
Before the Trucklites, I was using Hella Vision Plus H4s. Better than stock, but still a problem on a daily driver when the rest of the world is several steps ahead in safety and technology.

I also miss the warmer color of the halogens. But the brightness and reach of the LEDs far outweigh that one complaint.

Before the Trucklites, I was using Hella Vision Plus H4s. Better than stock, but still a problem on a daily driver when the rest of the world is several steps ahead in safety and technology.

I also miss the warmer color of the halogens. But the brightness and reach of the LEDs far outweigh that one complaint.

One thing I've noticed on long drives at night is that I have more eye fatigue looking at these cooler LEDs than warmer halogens. Same applies for the new white LED streetlights. I much prefer the glow from the Sodium vapor lights but they are slowly getting replaced everywhere. Might be just my perception and bias but I think the eye fatigue is real for me personally at least.

Reactions: JMT and Squatch
One thing I've noticed on long drives at night is that I have more eye fatigue looking at these cooler LEDs than warmer halogens. Same applies for the new white LED streetlights. I much prefer the glow from the Sodium vapor lights but they are slowly getting replaced everywhere.
I can say the same. Our eyes evolved around a warmer spectrum of light. Someday technology and marketing will catch up to nature. Right now we seem to be stuck with this idea that white is (always) better. White walls. White picket fences. White sunglasses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry Bransford