Is it just me, or do these LED headlights just keep getting stranger and stranger?

Gotta agree those two LED headlights posted by Chris and Tomtayz are about the ugliest things I've ever seen with wires connected. Especially that red demon eye in Tomtaylz link. Glad I'm satisfied with those $100 LED headlights I learned about in this forum a year or two ago, they're fine for me.

Gotta agree those two LED headlights posted by Chris and Tomtayz are about the ugliest things I've ever seen with wires connected. Especially that red demon eye in Tomtaylz link. Glad I'm satisfied with those $100 LED headlights I learned about in this forum a year or two ago, they're fine for me.

I like 'em too...installed mine about a year ago as well

Not a fan of LED's on a TJ. I went old school with some Hella H4's and 55/100W bulbs.
Same here, except I have 90/100 watt bulbs.
I've always been a big fan of light, so when I first got The Muddog, I listened to those who said that the Latest Thing is LEDs. When I first tried them out, it was as though the contrast was up too high on the T.V. Everything was whited out.
I've since replaced the LEDs with halogens and couldn't be happier.

Reactions: psrivats and KCsTJ
JW Speaker lights have evolved recently. Not only has the price come down, but they now offer heated lens at a decent price. These are a must-have if you experience any sort of winter.

Reactions: Chris
Count me in the old school crowd. I like my halogen headlights. H4 conversion with uprated bulbs. I added relays too, so as to get as much power from the battery as possible. They are BRIGHT.

For the price, the $150 I spent on the LED bug eyeball looking light has been some of the best money I’ve spent on my Jeep.

The way I figure it, even if they give out in the next year, that will have given me about 3 years with them. I’d have to replace them 4 times to equal the cost of some of the premium brands. So far, I haven’t seen the added value for the extra cost. Not saying it doesn’t exist, just that I haven’t seen it.

The halos though are just goofy looking in my opinion

Reactions: JMT
Count me in the old school crowd. I like my halogen headlights. H4 conversion with uprated bulbs. I added relays too, so as to get as much power from the battery as possible. They are BRIGHT.

I’m all for old school. But wait till you try good quality LED headlights.

What LED lights would those be that you learned about?

The color fatigues my eyes...Even the uber expensive HID projectors in my F150 and my Wife's Audi give me eye strain at night. The Halogens do not.

That’s Odd. I find myself straining trying to see anything with halogens. But with my Truck Lites. Clear as day.

That’s Odd. I find myself straining trying to see anything with halogens. But with my Truck Lites. Clear as day.
For sure, night vision was Terrible with the stock halogens. With my upgrades...I dare say the vision, light output, and cutoff is as clean as the projectors I've worked with. It really is amazing what a well designed halogen housing can do for light output. I'm running Cibie H4 E-code housings. They are awesome.

Reactions: JerryD
What LED lights would those be that you learned about?

@Chris will have a link to the thread I found them in. I'm away from my computer

I believe its these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G4Y19WI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I've got a set and they seem to perform well for the money. They are being sold by a few different sellers on Amazon with Prime shipping so if you look through the listings I've seen them for under $100 as well.

Reactions: 04RubiOR
From what I've seen, the real goofy LED,s usually seem to be paired with an angry birds grill...... especially on JK,s.

Reactions: Chris