Is it okay to put 100% pure gas in my TJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrose1957

Been using regular gas , is it ok to try 100 pure gas ? Any inputs ,or unleaded? was going to try 100 pure, thanks

100 % gas is what the Jeep was intended to run until the ethanol craze came by and now we have to run on corn syrup which ur Jeep is not intended to run which will eventually gum up ur full lines
Do you use 100 gas, I'm going to put in tomorrow 👍🏻

100 % gas is what the Jeep was intended to run until the ethanol craze came by and now we have to run on corn syrup which ur Jeep is not intended to run which will eventually gum up ur full lines

Gum up your fuel lines? Ethanol will clean up your fuel lines. Gasoline leaves deposits. If there is enough build up in the system combined with higher % of ethanol, a gel can clog filters and even injectors. I've never heard of E10 having enough solvent strength to cause gel to form. I switched my old Mustang to E50 and it cleaned the system and deposited it in my carburetor. It ran crappy, but after cleanings of the bowls twice I never had another issue.

Reactions: Myrose1957
It is kind of ironic that the only parts of the country I have seen gas with no ethanol at most gas stations was Nebraska and Iowa. I would have thought that corn country would embrace fuel that helps their economy.

Ethanol free gas is commonly found at stations near marinas. They usually charge significantly more for it.

Many boat engines run better on ethanol free. The ethanol also absorbs water vapor over time, so for equipment (like boats) that sit in humid environments for an extended period of time it's not ideal

How long before the fuel lines in my Jeep get gummed up? It's been 15 years and 140k miles, so far.

Gum up your fuel lines? Ethanol will clean up your fuel lines. Gasoline leaves deposits. If there is enough build up in the system combined with higher % of ethanol, a gel can clog filters and even injectors. I've never heard of E10 having enough solvent strength to cause gel to form. I switched my old Mustang to E50 and it cleaned the system and deposited it in my carburetor. It ran crappy, but after cleanings of the bowls twice I never had another issue.
FDDA1D77-C4D6-44D1-90C2-0EACF17B392C.png

My buddy owns a shop and he’s seen several pre ethanol vehicles have deteriorated full lines and such.. I’m no expert just passing on info. Results may very

Reactions: MallCrawlOnTons
Not sure what you mean 🤔🤔🤔 thanks , should I try 100 gas?
If you mean ethanol-free fuel...my Jeep runs really well on 93 octane ethanol free fuel... And I've noticed it's somewhat picky.

I have a 4.0 with the stock intake and no downstream catalytic converter... And I believe it has a jet module in the computer.

I know this is a contradictory statement but I realize the 4.0 is not an engine that you can typically get significant horsepower increase from with aftermarket modifications... But if you have a good exhaust system , have the vehicle geared correctly, run good quality fuel, keep the air filter clean, and run the correct spark plugs with the correct Gap, you can enjoy really good performance.

for example in 5th gear mine will run 65 miles per hour and you're only pressing the gas pedal down 1/8 of an inch or barely more.

I went back and forth between fuel for a year... And I didn't have bad experiences every time with today's blended fuel... But I noticed more performance problems from tank to tank.... And none at all with ethanol free.

Some of that may be attributed to the local Supply... Your engine is pretty current and it will run fine on ethanol fuel typically.

Reactions: Myrose1957
Status
Not open for further replies.