Is my engine burning or leaking oil?

BTW something off topic, that I see often and I kinda think is strange that is mentioned so many times. Stock Rubicons didn't come stock with 31" tires. They came stock with 245/75r16. This is equivalent to 30.5x9.5.
KO2s in 245/75r16 are listed as 683 revs per mile at 30.4" and 31x10.5r15 are listed as 30.5" and 684 revs per mile. Tire sizes are just estimates but the reason people say they are 31s is because they in general they are the closest to that size. The math very often doesn't translate very well into real life when you are talking about tires.

KO2s in 245/75r16 are listed as 683 revs per mile at 30.4" and 31x10.5r15 are listed as 30.5" and 684 revs per mile. Tire sizes are just estimates but the reason people say they are 31s is because they in general they are the closest to that size. The math very often doesn't translate very well into real life when you are talking about tires.
I know but they are about 1" more narrow as well. That plays it role as well. Maybe not in this thread, but in some others yes.

I know but they are about 1" more narrow as well. That plays it role as well. Maybe not in this thread, but in some others yes.
They are narrow but that doesn't make them closer to another tire. Sure they are different, the Rubicon wheels also have a different offset so that plays a role too when you compare them to another Jeep with stock 15" rims. If you want to call the stock Rubicon setup closer to some other wheel and tire based on numbers you found on the internet that's fine with me.

Reactions: TJim