Is the drivers seat supposed to follow forward on a 2006 Rubicon?

BonnieMcMurray

I've got a 2006 Rubicon. Is the driver side seat supposed to fold forward the same as the passenger side? I just noticed the guy I bought it from has 1" spacers under the seats and I want to remove them but not sure how to get to the bolts if it doesn't fold forward. Which it doesn't now. So I'm not sure if it is just stuck or not supposed to.

Some driver side seats don't. 06 Rubicon probably does.
Does the bracketry look like the passenger side, or just a slider?
It should lift up and forward like the passenger, but it's not going to slide as far forward because of the steering wheel.
However, because some seats do only slide (and not fold), you should still be able to get to the bolts.

On my 04 Rubicon the driver seat just slides. To remove the seat just slide it to spot where you can get to the bolts. You may need shorter bolts.

Reactions: AndyG
'06 Rubicon. Drivers and passengers the same.
On my 04 Rubicon the driver seat just slides. To remove the seat just slide it to spot where you can get to the bolts. You may need shorter bolts.
Yeah, I double checked last night and mine is just a slider as well. Couldn't see how to get to them but I'm sure there's a way and I do plan on getting 1" shorter bolts. Thank you.

Reactions: CV04TJR
Depends on your option package.
You would think the Rubi would have came with both slide & tumble as standard? and surly it would have been easier to have just one type of seat.
I think RHD export TJ,s come with both standard because if not they would have had to make a special non tumble right drivers seat just for the non optioned exports.
Maybe some Rubis and other TJ,s got the RHD export seats put in and some didnt?