Is there an issue with this tie rod end?

If that isn't your set-up, whose is it?
What I mean is, I don't see a difference between:

1. my existing stock knuckle (not replaced) and my Moog TRE (from Amazon) ... As seen in original post

2. this new knuckle and new Moog TRE (from Advance Auto) that I bought tonight and put together

It looks the same to me

What I mean is, I don't see a difference between:

1. my existing stock knuckle (not replaced) and my Moog TRE (from Amazon) ... As seen in original post

2. this new knuckle and new Moog TRE (from Advance Auto) that I bought tonight and put together

It looks the same to me
Something is still incorrect. I don't trust Crown to deliver a good part as far as I can throw a TJ. Take the new TRE's and put them in the good knuckle on the other side and see what they look like. You need to start with something known good to find out what is bad. FYI, that Crown knuckle can easily be out of spec all over the place. That's coming from someone who purchased and inspected 120 of them. We had several that we had the sand the hole for the unit bearing bigger because it wouldn't drop in. 1/10 of them had the lower hole so fucked up the knuckle wouldn't turn all the way on a TJ inner C because the lower ribs hit the inner C.

Reactions: rdu-jeep