Is there any value in holding onto the factory bumper milk jugs?

cliffish

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Help me from being a pack rat. Is there any value for me to hold on to my stock TJ front bumpers/milk jugs? Will anyone ever want them or should I just sell them for scrap?

I'm not the best example as I still have mine taking up space (for no reason) but I'd scrap 'em.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
should I just sell them for scrap?

Some folks still run stock bumpers (myself included) and I can tell you the quality of many replacements is quite poor. If yours are factory and in decent shape, they might be worth something to another TJ owner. Probably not much money in it either way and you probably aren't looking to deal with any logistical hassles, but I feel like decent used parts are getting harder to come by for these Jeeps. Maybe list them on your local Craigslist or the marketplace here?

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tj-lj-stock-bumpers-with-milk-jugs.61074/
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/stock-bumpers.69818/
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/stock-bumpers-and-fog-lights.65607/

Reactions: cliffish
I always went with the newer flat style bumper end caps when I had stock bumpers. Those jugs go in the trash as soon as I buy a Jeep.
p.s. It took me over almost 2 years to sell my Bestop tinted windows in perfect condition for $50.

1700303125387.png

Last edited:
Most people go with the newer flat style bumper end caps.

Actually, somewhat to my point. I purchased a set of those caps and they didn't fit very well on the aftermarket front bumper I ended up with. I also found some of the available bumpers to be thinner metal and poorly formed. I get that some don't like the jugs, my personal feelings are mixed on them (still sporting them at the moment), but I'd take a used factory bumper in good nick over most of what's available as new replacement these days.

That said, I certainly understand the OP's desire to get rid of the spares he's got stashed. I've got a similar problem with my other vehicle, and now starting to accrue Jeep bits as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Help me from being a pack rat. Is there any value for me to hold on to my stock TJ front bumpers/milk jugs? Will anyone ever want them or should I just sell them for scrap?

Only way I can see them carrying any value is for a restoration.

Reactions: SSTJ and Daryl
What is the scrap value for the TJ milk jugs these days?

Well they are plastic so...I have never been able to sell a set and have thrown probably hundreds of them away. They are usually damaged and if someone is doing a restoration they are going to want nice ones.

My daughter's TJ is stock and she plans to keep it that way. She is very proud of how unmolested it is. I'm sure she would love to have a spare set as she is a new driver and those jugs don't take much to ruin.

I'm sure there are others that feel the same way

Reactions: chili_pepper

Hold onto the hardware especially the bolts- used mine for my Genright front fenders and I was very pleased.