Is there any way to avoid buying a new driveshaft for my Dana 44 axle swap?

I couldn't agree more, but to make a small defense for those who post without good detail...

If you don't know anything from the start you probably don't know what to ask or how to ask it to get the answers you need. I still have a dog shit understanding of v8 swaps, but I'm a lot more knowledgeable than I was three months ago. Even with my limited knowledge it can be slightly annoying to see something dumb or simple asked (stuff that is easy to google or has already been posted 50 times). But I can remember not too long ago when I had the same questions in my head and how overwhelming it was at the time.

Given, some people do more research than others and get a better preliminary understanding before running out and asking questions. Not saying stupid or un-detailed questions are awesome, just saying I can empathize with people who ask them because I was (am) one.

I couldn't agree more, but to make a small defense for those who post without good detail If you don't know anything from the start you probably don't know what to ask or how to ask it to get the answers you need I still have a dog shit understanding of v8 swaps, but I'm a lot more knowledgeable than I was three months ago even with my limited knowledge it can be slightly annoying to see something dumb or simple asked stuff that is easy to google or has already been posted 50 times but I can remember not too long ago when I had the same questions in my head and how overwhelming it was at the time given, some people do more research than others and get a better preliminary understanding before running out and asking questions not saying stupid or un-detailed questions are awesome just saying I can empathize with people who ask them because I was am one.
That's better.