Is this a reasonable price for re-gearing?

MayzesTJ

Hello, looking to upgrading my stock rear 35 to a super 35 and re gearing to 4.10 on 33s. Got a quote for parts and wanting to know if this is a fair price for an upgrade? Thanks or recommendations possibly. Quote is about 2,300

IMG_5048.jpeg

Yep, that's a pretty good price I'd say.

4.10s with 33s? Surprised nobody has jumped on that. I have 33s with 4.10s and a 5 spd and it's adequate but 4.56s would make 5th much more usable. Some will say 4.88s minimum with 33s. If already on 4.10s never mind.

He's got a 32RH 3-speed automatic. 4.10 gears with that setup sounds about right to me.

Hello, looking to upgrading my stock rear 35 to a super 35 and re gearing to 4.10 on 33s. Got a quote for parts and wanting to know if this is a fair price for an upgrade? Thanks or recommendations possibly. Quote is about 2,300

View attachment 534870

I did my regear pre-Chinese Lung AIDS plandemic so I don't know the going rate in my area but that doesn't seem too bad to me for what you're getting.

4.10s with 33s? Surprised nobody has jumped on that.

he has the 32RH three speed auto (no overdrive)

View attachment 534870

Does R&G offer their US rear axles for the S35 kit?

If so, I'd get the US made version instead of the Discovery if you can afford the additional cost.

Does R&G offer their US rear axles for the S35 kit?

If so, I'd get the US made version instead of the Discovery if you can afford the additional cost.

Unfortunately, Revolution only offers their super 35 axle shafts in the Discovery series (made in India). Or at least that was the case when I bought mine in 2020. But I've never heard of a failure yet from one of these shafts and I believe they remain the highest regarded s35 shafts on today's market.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: MikeE024
Technically yes...last I checked there was a front and a rear axle! =)

With a little patience and time, and an investment in some tools regearing is completely accomplishable.

I do @hear it's possibly a gateway drug to rebuilding transmissions. So be careful!

-Mac

You nailed it your first time without any growing pains?

Sounds about right… had my 97 tj regeared a couple of mounts ago for $2800… Dana 30 and Dana 35’s, 4:10 front and rear and LSD’s in both…

I regeared my previous Tj on jack stands and bought all the tools necessary… if the axles were on the bench I would do it again but getting up and down and installing and uninstalling a dozen times from the ground wasn’t worth it to me this time… just my 2 cents…

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Revolution only offers their super 35 axle shafts in the Discovery series (made in India). Or at least that was the case when I bought mine in 2020. But I've never heard of a failure yet from one of these shafts and I believe they remain the highest regarded s35 shafts on today's market.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd like to think that a US version would be available if it was necessary. Sounds like you are in good hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murf926
I do @hear it's possibly a gateway drug to rebuilding transmissions. So be careful!
It's the other way 'round. Seems like there are only two repairs the internet will reliably tell you not to attempt yourself: automatic transmission work & re-gearing. Having rebuilt a bunch of trannies now, gears were inevitable.....and now I've done that twice too. Self-empowerment is low key addictive.