Is this a spring spacer?

JeepManGood

Supporting Member
2006 TJ seemed to be sitting low in the back. I pulled the front wheels off to strip the black spray paint from previous owner and while waiting for aircraft stripper to work on the wheels decided to do a little inspection. Looks like a 1” spacer at the top of the front spring. Maybe added to accommodate 31x10.50R15’s that were added. Can anyone tell me if this is stock or an add on?

image.jpg

2006 TJ seemed to be sitting low in the back. I pulled the front wheels off to strip the black spray paint from previous owner and while waiting for aircraft stripper to work on the wheels decided to do a little inspection. Looks like a 1” spacer at the top of the front spring. Maybe added to accommodate 31x10.50R15’s that were added. Can anyone tell me if this is stock or an add on?

View attachment 237008
Just can’t tell if it’s the stock isolator or a spacer 😢

That's the stock spring isolator, the function is to keep down the vibrations that would be passed to the frame (and ultimately the driver).

Dang it!! Thought I figured out why the rear sits a little low. Guess t

dang it! Thought I figured out why the rear sits low.....

View attachment 237022
If you don't want to make a radical ride height change but want to raise the back a little, I would replace the coil springs with some H&R 1" lift coils.

Everybody on here has a huge raging Boner for them, so they have to be good.

• Haha
Reactions: IrishWake
That might be the way
You can also purchase two of those spring isolators and install on the rear for a 3/4" boost.
That might be the way to go! I just ordered new springs for the rear and they will be here Friday. Once I get them in I will see how it looks

... but I'm still wondering, is there any advantage or disadvantage to doing this versus buying a puck/spacer? Seems like the latter would give you a more definite/exact height?

... but I'm still wondering, is there any advantage or disadvantage to doing this versus buying a puck/spacer? Seems like the latter would give you a more definite/exact height?
That depends on the height you want to achieve. As mrblaine pointed out, the isolator is 5/8". No need to stack stuff. Buy the height spacer you want.