Is this extra battery tray factory?

Gaspaszr

Running out of Cov. 19 stuff to do. Have 06 Lj, 2nd owner and am doing maintenance on it and wondered if this is second battery tray. Original owner invoice reflects all stock with no mention of this item. Plus, these light guards (tail lights and headlights). P.O. purchased Lj new from dealer and claims no “dyi add ones”. What do you think? See, I’m f-ing. Bored!

84618CBD-AD7E-4331-AE26-1AC8F9DA5722.jpeg

9E95A822-C051-4F95-9FA2-0483339620C5.jpeg

39EDA17F-85D5-4176-ABD0-4CD0EEA64706.jpeg

Yes, that’s where the ABS module goes on TJs with the ABS option.

Definitely not a fan of the light guards, but it’s your Jeep, not mine 😉

Yep, abs mount. those rear tail light guards may protect the lights but they like to dent the tub, I know from personal experience. They came stock on Tomb Raider Rubicon. I’d rather replace lights than fix sheet metal

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Yep, abs mount. those rear tail light guards may protect the lights but they like to dent the tub, I know from personal experience. They came stock on Tomb Raider Rubicon. I’d rather replace lights than fix sheet metal
Not only that but aftermarket tail light guards too often cause grounding issues for the tail lights. There is no ground wire for the tail lights, they ground through the mechanical connection to the tub.

Reactions: Mumblewood
I finally removed my tail light guards after years of telling myself they were coming off. I contacted a rock with mine and instead of breaking the housing, it dented the tub.

20200228_171323[1].jpg