ISO Or-Fab tire carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
id consider selling mine to the highest bidder lol. I bought it a while back from craigslist and never installed it. Sitting collecting dust. i have every piece from the factory, including the bolts and washers. does have some patina but I wouldn't call it rust. nothing is rusted through that's for sure. Ill try to get some pictures.

Reactions: JP13
DV8 Offroad purchased OR-Fab several months ago. They then told me in an email two days ago that they decided to start manufacturing OR-Fab's spare tire carrier for the TJ.

In search of Or-Fab tire carrier new or used. Do you have one? Perhaps it's time to change the look of your Jeep. Sell me your tire carrier.

View attachment 8385
I know a vendor selling the Jerry can version new in box, figured I’d let you guys know since I just pulled the trigger on one as well. I can share vendor information with whoever wants that version. I have no further leads on a non jerry can version if that is what you are after.

Edit: sorry just saw you had one fabbed up, offer is still valid and willing to share it with another member of WTJF.

Just curious, why would someone want all that sticking out behind their Jeep?
I eventually figured out I didn't want it either and converted it to the non-jerry can version. I even had to remove the spare to do some trails because the spare stuck out way too far with the jerry can version. Funny I've never run out of gas or water since eliminating those two jerry cans. ;)

This is my previous TJ with the jerry can style carrier doing a trail called Sledgehammer in Johnson Valley. Spare tire had to be removed because it stuck out too far. Which is why I converted to the non-jerry can style. That's mrblaine in the red parka about to spot me over the next section. It was pretty frigging cold there that morning. Check out the size of those boulders in front of my TJ. Yowsa.

SledgehammerPic.jpg

This is that TJ, you can see how stupid far the jerry can version sticks the spare tire out. :eek:

2002_0601_201414AA.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: ac_ and Chris
Status
Not open for further replies.