James May cooking sausages

I eat vegan sausages all the time. Tofurkey brand, if I recall correctly. I've gotten to the point where I prefer them over meat based sausages. The wife, however, says they smell awful, and won't even try one. :rolleyes: To each their own. ;) Thanks for the vid, @jjvw!

Reactions: jjvw
I tried a veggie dog about 15 years ago and was disgusted by it, but I also hate real hot dogs anyways. I would be interested in trying something more up to date though. Other recommendations? I have not tried the impossible burgers yet because I love black bean patties, so there is no reason to change.

The Beyond stuff is interesting and a potential modern marvel of engineering, though the best Beyond burger I have had so far is only comparable to an average beef burger. It relies too heavily on the other add-ons to distract from it's short comings. Generally in life, I have an aversion to things that try to be other things. Plants are great on their own. We don't need to be fooled into thinking they are a cow or pig.

Reactions: reddvltj
We don't need to be fooled into thinking they are a cow or pig.
Not to put too fine of a point on it but if we were supposed to eat vegetables, they wouldn't spend so much time making the vegan crap try to taste like meat. Would anyone eat meat that was trying to mimic the taste of a good vegetable? I think not. Here, try this steak, it tastes just like broccoli.