JCR Crusader LJ Slider Install

TJUNLIMITED211

Does anyone have experience installing these? Not understanding/trusting the instructions re: nutsert placement and application.

1.) instructions call for nutsert placement in 6th (last) hole of base plate but seems like it should be in the 5th behind the base of the seatbelt mount area.

2.) supplied nutsert doesn’t fit into 5/16 hole drilled directed by instructions.

Anyway, was hoping to get these mounted over the weekend jcr’s closed thought I’d throw this out there.

Does anyone have experience installing these? Not understanding/trusting the instructions re: nutsert placement and application.

1.) instructions call for nutsert placement in 6th (last) hole of base plate but seems like it should be in the 5th behind the base of the seatbelt mount area.

2.) supplied nutsert doesn’t fit into 5/16 hole drilled directed by instructions.

Anyway, was hoping to get these mounted over the weekend jcr’s closed thought I’d throw this out there.

I believe @JMT has them for TJ

Co

Congratulations on your JCR purchase!
They are solid as hell but the instructions are not for an LJ.

1) You are correct, the nutsert goes on the fifth hole behind the seat belt base.

2) I do use a bigger drill for this nutsert. BTW this nutsert will push the side plate little out, grind the paint or the slide plate will solve that. Take a look.

Oh, JCR customer service is top. Sad you no catch this before they close for the weekend.

I do install mines few weeks ago, no complete the install tread yet but has the info clear on my mind. If need any picture let me know and I do my best to go to the garage and take it, questions are welcome as well.

Co

Congratulations on your JCR purchase!
They are solid as hell but the instructions are not for an LJ.

1) You are correct, the nutsert goes on the fifth hole behind the seat belt base.

2) I do use a bigger drill for this nutsert. BTW this nutsert will push the side plate little out, grind the paint or the slide plate will solve that. Take a look.

Oh, JCR customer service is top. Sad you no catch this before they close for the weekend.

I do install mines few weeks ago, no complete the install tread yet but has the info clear on my mind. If need any picture let me know and I do my best to go to the garage and take it, questions are welcome as well.

Dude... THANK YOU. Cleared up exactly what I was confused about.

Really appreciate the heads up on the nutsert pushing the base out I’ll do what u recommended. On that note: did you remove the 3 factory nutserts that held the front rocker fender fairing on? Right behind the front fender? If so how? Grind em down?

Welcome!!!

I do recommend grind the base out and spry it with primer or paint instead work on the paint, this will assure the nutsert will seat flat as possible.

Yes, I do removed grind it out. You no want anything that push the side out.

Reactions: TJUNLIMITED211
Dude... THANK YOU. Cleared up exactly what I was confused about.

Really appreciate the heads up on the nutsert pushing the base out I’ll do what u recommended. On that note: did you remove the 3 factory nutserts that held the front rocker fender fairing on? Right behind the front fender? If so how? Grind em down?
Just get a drill bit the same diameter of the outer edge of the nutserts and drill them out. It doesn’t take much. No need to use a grinder. After you drill out the head, touch up with paint. Yes, I have JCR sliders.
70D6D0CD-9F6B-4344-B36F-D58216A3BAA6.jpeg

56A0D11E-FA85-43B5-9335-091E87E97E4D.jpeg

C90BE204-085E-40BD-AAD7-B00B2D733216.jpeg

Welcome!!!

I do recommend grind the base out and spry it with primer or paint instead work on the paint, this will assure the nutsert will seat flat as possible.

Yes, I do removed grind it out. You no want anything that push the side out.
This is all great stuff and addresses the issues I’ve been having. I’m going to go back at it tomorrow I’ll let you know how it goes (or if I have any other questions)

I know jcr customer service is top notch I’ve got their f/r bumpers. Big reason I went with them again so I was kinda bummed when the instructions were obviously not adding up. All good tho.

Reactions: JMT
Reactions: JMT
Very helpful I’ll do just that!

Great looking sliders looking fwrd to mine going on thank you.
Jack your rig up under the slider when mocking everything up and mounting and drilling through the underside of the tub. You want the weight of the rig on them like you were coming down on a rock.

Reactions: TJUNLIMITED211
Jack your rig up under the slider when mocking everything up and mounting and drilling through the underside of the tub. You want the weight of the rig on them like you were coming down on a rock.
Great suggestion. That was also my thinking. I want them as tight as possible.