Careful with that wheelspin!
No kidding. It’s happened ~5x’s wheelin. Whenever it does I let off the pedal of course. Don’t want that torque building up and causing breakage. That was a funny moment bc all that dirt came right into the Jeep. We were in a puff if dust. Really sucked for about 10 seconds!

Today I went out to my friend Joe’s place to prep and paint my JCR Crusader Rock Sliders. When I arrived we went in a back room in his shop to do the media blasting to etch the steel. My kids thoight I looked like Michael J Fox in Back to the Future when he’s wearing that HazMat suit. All’s well for about 5 min till sand just starts gushing out without much pressure. We worked with it for a bit till we gave up and went into the media blasting with those tiny handguns, works though.

Then we hung them in the paint room and wiped them down.
E659B050-9C7E-4BFB-960B-32E408951C19.jpeg

FD070EBB-A52B-4B6F-9DCD-EEA5029AD562.jpeg

Then we mixed the DP90, Epoxy primer and reducer ~14%.
9800347E-4B54-4ECA-B63F-6B19A720CCB0.jpeg

I gave them 2 coats.

Then we mixed the 2K Ceramic, activator and reducer. That stuff is thick when you open the can. I’ve never experienced anything like it. 7 coats on all the areas you will see and scrape. 1-2 on all the rest. Should be cured in 24 hours. Hopefully I can get them installed Thursday afternoon.
CDBC4C50-D843-455F-82D4-0FCAE1EA3B42.jpeg

8155233B-E9C5-46E0-B7B1-14991E066CFB.jpeg

F6DD5EA5-0A83-435A-B2FA-7C29FAB94AAE.jpeg

Nice! Sure beats my makeshift backyard setup with tractor paint!
You’re just being nice. Your black/silver combo looks great and should hold up well. I just had the benefit of a professional friend, Joe. He’s been restoring cars since he was 14. He’s about 60 now. He doesn’t take any new customers. The ones he has keep bringing him more projects. He specializes in classic and sports cars. He restored a 68’ Shelby GT500 that went for $120,000 at auction. He’s got a $300,000 auto in the garage now. He’s specializes in classic Cadillacs. It takes him 3-5 years to do a car. He has multiple ones going all at the same time. His Toronado (‘67?) was in the paint room when we arrived. Obviously there are too many to count that he’s done, and I don’t know much about classic cars. If I can get some details and pics I will.

Abernathy Restoration Services

You’re just being nice. Your black/silver combo looks great and should hold up well. I just had the benefit of a professional friend, Joe. He’s been restoring cars since he was 14. He’s about 60 now. He doesn’t take any new customers. The ones he has keep bringing him more projects. He specializes in classic and sports cars. He restored a 68’ Shelby GT500 that went for $120,000 at auction. He’s got a $300,000 auto in the garage now. He’s specializes in classic Cadillacs. It takes him 3-5 years to do a car. He has multiple ones going all at the same time. His Toronado (‘67?) was in the paint room when we arrived. Obviously there are too many to count that he’s done, and I don’t know much about classic cars. If I can get some details and pics I will.

Abernathy Restoration Services
It's nice you have the hook up. Now I know somebody, that knows somebody!

Reactions: JMT
Today we got home from the lake and I gathered a handful of tools and headed out to my body man’s shop. My plan was to add the adhesive backed 1/16” EPDM to the backplates of my JCR Rock Sliders and bring the sliders and supports home. This involved using a punch where the bolts pass through the tub and trimming the EPDM. Turned out great.
A8C0A435-A859-449E-BBAA-3ECA14B5732E.jpeg

Added a few cars Joe is working on now. These are obviously nearer to completion. @Squatch could tell me what they are
ECBDD371-64EA-48D2-AF73-5EAAEEAEA180.jpeg

DFC276E7-391F-4E2F-976D-41DE6EDB1BBD.jpeg

The VW is far from stock, I can tell you that. No window frames (like what a true "hardtop" car has). May be a modified bus. I like it! The white convertible is a 1962 Thunderbird Sports Roadster (or a copy of one). That fiberglass tonneau cover actually covered up the back seat, making your T-bird a 2-seater (hence the roadster moniker, amongst other reasons, obviously). And the convertible top could be used either with or without the tonneau cover on. They were beautiful cars. One of my all-time faves!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and JMT
The VW is far from stock, I can tell you that. No window frames (like what a true "hardtop" car has). May be a modified bus. I like it! The white convertible is a 1962 Thunderbird Sports Roadster (or a copy of one). That fiberglass tonneau cover actually covered up the back seat, making your T-bird a 2-seater (hence the roadster moniker, amongst other reasons, obviously). And the convertible top could be used either with or without the tonneau cover on. They were beautiful cars. One of my all-time faves!
You’re car brilliant!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Squatch
Hey @JMT , at your convenience would you mind taking a bit closer pic directly from the side, pass or driver's ?
Also, about how many miles on your 12 inch tires ?, just curious.
My P.O.s tires are wearing out

Reactions: JMT
Hey @JMT , at your convenience would you mind taking a bit closer pic directly from the side, pass or driver's ?
Also, about how many miles on your 12 inch tires ?, just curious.
My P.O.s tires are wearing out
I have 5,300 miles on these tires. I can take some better pics tomorrow

Reactions: KCsTJ