Jeep expedition trailer

prodd

Hello all! Just throwing out some pics of my tj expedition trailer.
8afbac6359b0b7f640d30af7f761c2f0.jpg

prodd - Your trailer looks great! :thumbsup: I'm curious to know how you like the Smittybilt RTT. I got a good look at one at the Sportsman Show last year. They seem to be well made and a good deal for the price.

prodd - Your trailer looks great! [emoji106] I'm curious to know how you like the Smittybilt RTT. I got a good look at one at the Sportsman Show last year. They seem to be well made and a good deal for the price.
The smittybilt is actually a pretty good tent for the price. I haven't had any issues with leaking or zipper failure. The only thing I had to change was the foam in the mattress, after a few nights it felt like sleeping on concrete.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: PCO6
Nice job on the trailer. I built something similar, and have future plans for a tent. Let's see some details on your trailer build.

Reactions: Chris
Nice job on the trailer. I built something similar, and have future plans for a tent. Let's see some details on your trailer build.
These are some of the build photos, one half of the trailer is an 04 rubi and the other half was a 98 tj. The axle and Springs are rated at 2k# with a 61" track width.
SmartSelectImage_2017-03-01-09-49-56.png
SmartSelectImage_2017-03-01-09-50-47.png
SmartSelectImage_2017-03-01-09-51-23.png
SmartSelectImage_2017-03-01-09-52-09.png

I like the square style inner fenders of the yj. It looks like you have more usable space on the inside.

Reactions: bobthetj03
The inner fenders of the YJ made it a lot easier to put together. Cudos to you for making it happen on a TJ tub. I would have been scratching my head trying to figure out how to mate those inners.

It was a bit weird, luckily the power block trucks show did a tj tub trailer and gave some pointers on how to line up the cut.

Reactions: Twopoint
It was a bit weird, luckily the power block trucks show did a tj tub trailer and gave some pointers on how to line up the cut.

That episode was our inspiration for doing my build as well.