Jeep is 1 inch lower on passenger side

RubiconMan

Measured the distance from the tire to the fender and the passenger side is 1" lower on both front and rear tires. Should I purchase spacers for both the coil springs on the passenger side to correct this?

I am running a 2" lift with OME Springs and shocks both front and rear.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

On another note, how do I change my user name? I sold my Red TJ and now have an 04 TJ Rubicon.

Thanks,

When you installed the springs, did you put the taller springs on opposite corners (e.g. front left, right rear)? IIRC, that was one of the instructions when I installed mine. Not sure if that's part of the issue or not.

When you installed the springs, did you put the taller springs on opposite corners (e.g. front left, right rear)? IIRC, that was one of the instructions when I installed mine. Not sure if that's part of the issue or not.
I just purchased the jeep this September. I did notice the the driver side coil's are 1/2" higher than the passenger.

OME definitely has RH and LH specifications for their springs. I seem to recall LH/RH stickers on my springs when I installed them. That was not the case for the Skyjacker springs.

Give T Crawford's advice a try before buying anything.

That would make my Jeep ride level when I get in. I may need to go on a diet this year.

OME definitely has RH and LH specifications for their springs. I seem to recall LH/RH stickers on my springs when I installed them. That was not the case for the Skyjacker springs.

Give T Crawford's advice a try before buying anything.
Yes, this is what I recall too (about the stickers).

Also, this is just the springs. There is no difference in the shocks for the left or right sides. +1 to swapping them and see if that helps.

Measured the distance from the tire to the fender and the passenger side is 1" lower on both front and rear tires. Should I purchase spacers for both the coil springs on the passenger side to correct this?

I am running a 2" lift with OME Springs and shocks both front and rear.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

On another note, how do I change my user name? I sold my Red TJ and now have an 04 TJ Rubicon.

Thanks,

I have the same lift on a 98 TJ, along with the same issue, and a similar post @ https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/ome-lift-shocks-are-uneven.25572/

I'm pretty (like 100%) sure I put coils on the side they were supposed to go on (well, according to instructions), but as others have pointed out in this post, and mine, they might need to be swapped. However, there's no way I'm taking everything apart just b/c of the unevenness, so I'd like another option as well, like some spacer option...

These are OME 2942 rear springs. One is slightly taller and is labeled "A" or "B".
P1050085.JPG

OME also makes 10mm spacers if fine tuning needs to be done.
P1050088.JPG

Reactions: Creakydoor
OME also makes 10mm spacers if fine tuning needs to be done.

Those are actually shown in the image on Amazon, but not included in the kit. My left-to-right diff is growing from my original post, now around 1" (like the OP).

Might try these on the passenger side ( b/c wouldn't just switching sides cause the driver's to be the lower? ):
Rubicon Express RE1333 75" Coil Spring Spacer
by 4Wheel Drive Hardware
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006GJLKZ8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

same thing: https://www.extremeterrain.com/rubicon-express-75-coil-spring-spacer-lift-kit-9706-tj.html

I swapped the rear coil springs and now the drivers side is only 1/2" higher. That is the good news, the bad news is I can't put the track bar back on the passenger side. The holes are slightly off.

Did you take off the axle side bolt, or the frame side?

When I did mine, I took off the entire rear track bar, then mounted the axle end then mounted the frame end.

The holes on mine didn’t line up either, so I used a floor jack to move up and down the axle until things lined up. Took a little experimenting, but it ultimately worked out fine.

I’ve also read on here about people using ratchet straps to help wrestle it into place.

Note: I’m assuming you have a factory track bar. Adjustable track bars have other adjustments that can be made to help.

Did you take off the axle side bolt, or the frame side?

When I did mine, I took off the entire rear track bar, then mounted the axle end then mounted the frame end.

The holes on mine didn’t line up either, so I used a floor jack to move up and down the axle until things lined up. Took a little experimenting, but it ultimately worked out fine.

I’ve also read on here about people using ratchet straps to help wrestle it into place.

Note: I’m assuming you have a factory track bar. Adjustable track bars have other adjustments that can be made to help.
I have an adjustable track bar. I took the track bar off on the frame side. My buddy came over with a come along and the holes finally aligned. Now to fix the front. I am waiting for .75" spacer to arrive on Friday.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Reactions: Creakydoor
The right rear coil spring is the first to sag due to the engine torque that ends up there.
Jerry, I seem to be having what you are describing on my right rear coil - i have Rough Country 4 inch springs for about 4 years now. Can you explain a bit more on why this is happening and what can be done? shall I just put a coil spacer there or should I just replace the springs (e.g. with Teraflex)?