OME lift shocks are uneven

Richard Brust

Sept/Oct 2018 (~10 months ago) I installed a "ARB OMETJHKS Old Man Emu Complete Suspension Kit" on my 98 TJ. It was a 2" kit, but in the end it lifted closer between 2.5" and 3". All the measurements I took after the install had the Jeep even on both driver/passenger sides.

Lately, like about a month or two ago, I started noticing the passenger side was lower from the rear - thought it was our driveway, but it's not. Also, nothing in Jeep that would cause this - it's pretty empty. The unevenness is over 1/2", close to 3/4".

I don't know if it's the shocks, or something could be wrong with the springs - both were part of the kit and I installed the correct springs on the correct side (again, measurement after lift had it even). I think it's the shocks.

I know these pics are crappy, but you can see in the writing on the shock where the upper/lower meet there is more or less text showing. Any ideas? Thx...

On the Drivers Side you can see the "TRO" - and even some leading space before the "T" of Nitro:
DriverSide.jpg

... but on the Passenger Side you can only see part of "RO":
PassengerSide.jpg