Jeep names: What are your names and how did you decide?

Picked it up at the car lot, drove to the Girlfriends sisters house, she walks outside and says "It's bright and flashy, we're naming her Sunny"
I said "that'll never stick" she says "too late, it's stuck" and it's been that way ever since

DSCN0824[1].jpg

Reactions: Scout734 and Ron505
The closest name my jeep has is what my buddies will sometimes call it when we’re on the CB and that’s “Womb Raider” since it’s a Tomb Raider (#969). Other than no nick name, although I have a few names I call it when It’s having problems or I’m working on it an it does not want to cooperate

Naming a vehicle is ridicules and juvenile in my opinion! But hey that's just my opinion lol
WTF are you people on? lol
Hmm. This coming from a guy that thinks PBR is a drinkable beer and has a smelly vagina screen name. :unsure: Was Bloody Mary already taken?
Fishtaco1.jpg

Last edited:
I have only owned my TJ 18 years so I haven't assigned her a name yet.

The closest i can come is often people will come into the post and say "Wow, Who owns "that black jeep".

I told my wife nobody ever says "Nice saturn, what year is it?".

I did name one of my adopted stray cats "TJ". Sadly he died in just 11weeks. Feline Leukemia.

• Sad
Reactions: Kon
It's all in fun to me. I'm fine with having no name for my Jeep, if that is what I decide.
If HooDoo proves offensive to enough people who think of black magic, or evil, I will drop the name.
I always lean toward the side of laughter.

Now, if only we had a cure for tailgaters. I hate 'em. No matter my speed they prefer to tailgate.
I came to a dead stop one night on an open country road and the tailgater stopped too.
An old man told me I should have put my jacked up truck in reverse and climbed on the tailgaters hood.
That would have been fun.

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
It's all in fun to me. I'm fine with having no name for my Jeep, if that is what I decide.
If HooDoo proves offensive to enough people who think of black magic, or evil, I will drop the name.
If its "offensive enough", I'd DEFINITELY keep it. I'm OVER so-called "offense".

Reactions: Ron505 and HooDoo
Now, if only we had a cure for tailgaters. I hate 'em. No matter my speed they prefer to tailgate.
I came to a dead stop one night on an open country road and the tailgater stopped too.
An old man told me I should have put my jacked up truck in reverse and climbed on the tailgaters hood.
That would have been fun.
I have a cure. Nobody EVER tailgates my old Mercedes Diesel - at least not for very long...

• Haha
Reactions: Kon
A friend was working for a chicken farmer in Illinois. He was driving a tractor and going to go spread chicken shit on a field. It was a narrow two lane road, with no place to pull over, when a woman driving a Cadillac began blowing her horn at him and waving him to pull over. After several minutes of her harassment he pulled the spread handle and covered her car with the chicken shit........and then she turned on her windshield wipers. It spread like warm butter across her windshield, and he left her sitting in the road unable to see a thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Kon and Zorba

My wife had a silver JK that she named HooDoo. We lived in South Louisiana at the time and it was a playful, toinge-in-cheek reference to the "deep south Voodoo" religion stereotypes. That damn jeep was plagued with problems. Absolutely plagued. It was literally in the shop for a total of 10 weeks in the first 3 months we owned it. I was constantly working on it, and never for "upgrades". I was always fixing broken shit. When we sold the JK and bought a Tacoma, she swore she wouldn't name any vehicle ever again in a way that pokes fun at any religion.

I have only owned my TJ 18 years so I haven't assigned her a name yet.

The closest i can come is often people will come into the post and say "Wow, Who owns "that black jeep".

I told my wife nobody ever says "Nice saturn, what year is it?".

I did name one of my adopted stray cats "TJ". Sadly he died in just 11weeks. Feline Leukemia.
Opps he wanted a pic of “that black Jeep”

84B033DC-61EC-4BDE-BCEF-CEEE7063E87F.jpeg

Reactions: HooDoo
I bought my TJ after I moved to New Mexico. I'm near the Valles Caldera, where Walt Longmire's cabin scenes are shot for the TV series "Longmire". When we lived back in Louisiana, my wife and I would watch that show and dream of moving to Wyoming because of the expansive scenery. Unbeknownst to us, lots of the series was filmed in northern NM. We actually didn't realise it until we started considering moving here. It's amazing country out here. After watching the entirety of the series, I began reading all the "Walt Longmire Mysteries" books and really enjoyed them. In the book series, Walt has one deputy that used to be an oil field worker and was tough as a sack of hammers. His nickname in the series was "Double Tough". I liked the nickname, so the TJ became Double Tough. Our overland trailer is "The Red Pony", named after Henry Standing Bear's bar, and my wife's Tacoma TRD Offroad is named "Vic" after deputy Victoria Moretti. I guess you can say we are fans of the Longmire franchise.🤣
20211213_124051.jpg
20210827_125812.jpg
IMG_20210516_092353_983.jpg
IMG_20211023_114607_117.jpg
20211213_124039.jpg