Jeep security

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member
I know there have lots of posts on this topic. I came up with idea when leaving the jeep parked outside overnight. I know crooks carry tools just wondering if they carry something big enough to cut thru a thick SS cable. I ran it thru two different parts of the steering wheel so if they cut the wheel they would have to cut it in two places.

Ok now tell my why this will not work or slow them down

IMG_8556.jpg

IMG_8557.jpg

Reactions: Vasq
Battery powered angle grinder with cutting disc.... the same kind they use to steal catalytic converters in just a couple minutes.
but for the “casual thief” or “joy ride thief” that cable may be a good deterrent.

I know there have lots of posts on this topic. I came up with idea when leaving the jeep parked outside overnight. I know crooks carry tools just wondering if they carry something big enough to cut thru a thick SS cable. I ran it thru two different parts of the steering wheel so if they cut the wheel they would have to cut it in two places.

Ok now tell my why this will not work or slow them down

View attachment 256262

View attachment 256263

A little liquid nitrogen and a small sledge hammer. GONE in less than 30 seconds....
YES I realize most low tech thief's wouldn't do this, but it is a quick and quiet.
Years ago when I was working at a hospital on nights; a women lost the key to her steering wheel anti theft device.
Using a battery operated Dremel with a small abrasive cutting wheel; I remove the device in less than 30 seconds.

haha or they're a shady theif and their wife/girlfriend IS a stripper...
OHHH, if you are dating a stripper and she thinks you are hanging with another, you are as good as dead! Bit@#es be crazy!

Sorry to get off subject, but a kill switch is best as long as they have to start it to steal it. If they have time and access to just winch it onto a trailer, that is different all together.

• Haha
Reactions: Vasq
If I was a thief and see that much stuff attached to the steering wheel I’m walking away
That's really all any lock or anti-theft device (any security really) does is deters them to seek easier prey. It's like if you're in a bad part of town then don't look like an easy score. If someone REALLY wants your money/possessions/car/computer system and are willing to invest the time and risk they will get it eventually.

It would be easy to cut or break the steering wheel. If your going to use the cable wrap it around one of the steering wheel posts. I would also paint it or get a bright colored cover. Make it highly visible so the A-hole moves on before they break your door lock. The TJ locks are so easily defeated that is the quickest way for a thief to get in. When I daily drove mine I went so far as to install electric locks, removed the cylinders and plugged them with chome bolts. It looked pretty good and I never had anyone mess with it again

A kill switch would not have prevented my TJ from having been stolen a dozen years ago. A witness said they backed a flatbed tow truck up to it and dragged it backwards out of my parking space in front of where I worked. He thought it was being taken to be fixed.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
It would be easy to cut or break the steering wheel. If your going to use the cable wrap it around one of the steering wheel posts. I would also paint it or get a bright colored cover. Make it highly visible so the A-hole moves on before they break your door lock. The TJ locks are so easily defeated that is the quickest way for a thief to get in. When I daily drove mine I went so far as to install electric locks, removed the cylinders and plugged them with chome bolts. It looked pretty good and I never had anyone mess with it again
Yep, I'd cut the steering wheel if I was a thief.

Wow I didn't know so many of you guys are such good thefts :ROFLMAO:

Mini 18" bolt cutters ($20 at Lowe's) and 10 seconds of their time will remove that I didn't think small bolt cutters would cut through cable that easily

A little liquid nitrogen and a small sledge hammer Guys carry Liquid Nitrogen

a battery operated Dremel with a small abrasive cutting wheel; :(

My thoughts were would this detour someone to move onto another vehicle.

And as Jerry stated they towed his away, what if you were to turn the wheels to one side then cable lock it. Then it would want to go in circles :ROFLMAO: Or I guess they would just drag no matter what

Reactions: JMT
Wow I didn't know so many of you guys are such good thefts :ROFLMAO:

Mini 18" bolt cutters ($20 at Lowe's) and 10 seconds of their time will remove that I didn't think small bolt cutters would cut through cable that easily

A little liquid nitrogen and a small sledge hammer Guys carry Liquid Nitrogen

a battery operated Dremel with a small abrasive cutting wheel; :(

My thoughts were would this detour someone to move onto another vehicle.

And as Jerry stated they towed his away, what if you were to turn the wheels to one side then cable lock it. Then it would want to go in circles :ROFLMAO: Or I guess they would just drag no matter what
WHAT?? No mention of the glitter bomb???

A kill switch would not have prevented my TJ from having been stolen a dozen years ago. A witness said they backed a flatbed tow truck up to it and dragged it backwards out of my parking space in front of where I worked. He thought it was being taken to be fixed.
Jerry That's how my brother's 1976 F-250 high boy was stolen.
Witnesses saw it all happen and thought it had broken down and was being taken to the shop.
Thieves suck !

Reactions: Jerry Bransford