Jeep TJ A/C reinstall

Notch8022

Folks, I have a 2000 Jeep tj. I am looking to put ac back in it. I have bought all new components for the engine bay. Compressor, condensate coil, ac lines, evap dryer. I am trying to locate the plug in for the compressor. I had a new motor installed in the jeep, there are 2 plugs that are not connect and not sure what they are. 1 seems like it's part of the o2 system. The is a hose with a hole in it. I could use some major help with getting this jeep back on track.

20200719_101256.jpg

20200719_101317.jpg

20200719_101346.jpg

What is the other end of the hose with hole in it connected to?
BTW- the clip on the hose goes under the top radiator to grill bolt.

The one with red lock tab is to AC compressor, the yellow one is to AC sensor on high/discharge line coming out of compressor. Your axle vent hose is missing hat or cap

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Guys, also any of you had to buy new ac lines? I am missing the Discharge Line and Suction Line, esentially the (2) that connect to the compressor. I am having a heck of a time trying to find them only used....

You can buy the lines from anyone, Amazon ,rock auto ,anyplace! I have a 2001 Sahara and I can't find the right suction line, there's 3 lines. Compressor to condenser. Condenser to evap(liquid line).and accumulator to compressor. Has a metal pipe from evap to accumulator.

The one from jeep air is correct!!-the suction lines you buy from everyone else amazon,rockauto,partsgeek,discount are all way to shortthey do sell the correct discharge and liquid lines,brand new in package. Buy the suction hose from jeep air and price shop for others.

Thanks so much for all the replies.

I'm going to start with the condenser and move to compressor. Would there be any harm to compressor if I mounted it with serpentine belt on it before connecting the ref. Lines or electrical connections?

Thanks so much for all the replies.

I'm going to start with the condenser and move to compressor. Would there be any harm to compressor if I mounted it with serpentine belt on it before connecting the ref. Lines or electrical connections?
No, this should have no issues. Be sure there is some PAG oil in the compressor, a few ounces, and then plug or tape over the ports, and don't use plastic based tape-use painters masking tape or metal foil tape.

Oh very frustrated. I'm missing this oem part that bolts to the top of tje compressor. My jeep didn't have a compressor to be able to reuse this part. Any ideas other than buying a used compressor to scab this part?

Screenshot_20200728-181136.jpg

Amazon sells one with manifold ! Reasonable price too ! I had the same problem my manifold leaked. Buy Amazon one and send back one you purchased.

Amazon , 175$ new with manifold. Global parts distributors fits 00-06 wrangler(6512010) Nipp 10PA17E 6 groove.
This fit my tj Sahara 2001 and had manifold attached.