Jeep TJ extended brake lines super tight at full flex

thatwhitetj

hi, i have a 97 tj with 4-6” front extended brake lines. when i’m at full flex, they are tighter than guitar strings. everywhere i look only has a 4-6” option and i’m worried i’ll run into the same issue and waste money with them. i’m surprised they haven’t ripped in half by now but i’m sure they are on the verge if i keep running it the way it is. so what are the best/longest front brake lines for off-roading and flexing the front axle?

I have not added extended lines yet and I don't have this problem with a 3.5 lift. Do the newer ones have longer lines? Or is it possible whatever lines you have now are not actually extended lines? Mine are definitely close to max but not getting stretched. You should be able to at least measure what you have and make sure whatever you buy is longer.

So, how long are they actually? Without knowing the actual length (anybody can claim "extended" if they are a 1/4" longer) we can't suggest a longer replacement line. Is it possible your shocks are giving you too much droop and not enough uptravel for your lift?

i will get out and measure how much droop at normal height here when i get a break at work. but i ordered the 4-6” lift lines from auto zone, PN #777848. they are the same exact size i’m running now, so i didn’t even purchase them after a side by side comparison under the jeep. also forgot to mention i’m at 4” suspension lift. i attached some (poor quality, zoomed in) photos with what they look like at full flex for now.
EA2A50BF-E9BF-4086-9FC7-E5D924F9EB4F.png
9D52C8C2-F2A1-454B-A01E-057B86E801A2.png
702F5028-84DB-459A-8C74-700EEF596E26.png

so got a call today from auto zone, apparently when they gave me the first brake line to compare, it was stock length and they just told me it was for 4-6” lift. so basically when i compared what i thought was an extended line to mine, it was really a stock length line being compared to another stock line. ill give them a for effort since they had actually ordered 2 extended lines and said they had them there for me today when they called , knew they were longer than mine before even taking them off the counter. sorry to post such a pointless thread, should’ve double/triple checked

Reactions: rasband
Thread should have been titled "Why to Never Trust a Counterboy". I always have them show me the screen. They are wrong well over 50% of the time. Back when all the parts stores had were thick, thick reference books they had to be smarter.

Reactions: Tomcat and rasband
Thread should have been titled "Why to Never Trust a Counterboy". I always have them show me the screen. They are wrong well over 50% of the time. Back when all the parts stores had were thick, thick reference books they had to be smarter.

Definitely my experience as well, not too long ago I bought vacuum tube to relocate my lockers. The bill was upwards of $70 or so. When I looked puzzled the kid said “well it is gates rubber, which is the best”. After pushing more he fat fingered the hose numbers and it was around $8...