Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Jeep unstable at normal driving speeds

OP
Tpink1234

Tpink1234

I can tell you’re mechanically inclined enough to get it sorted out- All the above posts are valuable and the only thing I have to offer is don’t be surprised if it is just the smallest change- be persistent and hide your keys so he doesn’t take
I just changed trac bar, steering stabilizer, drag link, pitman arm, tie rod and tie rod ends. Took it for a test drive and it was "unstable". Felt like it would wander all over the place. Did a DIY alignment and it made a world of difference. I had 3" toe out. Set it to 1/8 " toe in and all was well. Check your toe in.

Right now set it to a 1/16 in before work today I’ll dink around with it.

AndyG

TJ Guru
Lifetime Supporting Member
1/16" is fine, do you know what your existing caster angle is?

Jerry- have you ever seen/read the incredibly amazing reason that we have Wi-Fi today??

A beautiful, Jewish actress named Hedy Lamarr was the brains behind it- nearly 100 years ago - easy to google-

You know coupled with that story it is amazing to me that some people left in Europe in some boats in the 1600s and landed in America and a nation rose up that would go back to Europe and save it from diabolical tyranny. It makes it difficult for me to not believe in Providence.

Reactions: willrek and GPK03X

txbemis69

was last seen escaping the asylum
Supporting Member
i had a metalcloak 3.5” lift installed and it was hard to hold on the road. a quick self alignment cured my road wandering jeep. shop either did a bad alignment or simply forgot to do it. i figure it’s the latter of the two. sure wish i had my own shop so i could do more work myself. check your toe in.