Jeep won't start no crank: ASD fuse keeps blowing

ShaveLazer

TJ Enthusiast
Alright guys I need some help here I can’t get my Jeep to start up. It won’t even crank. Worked fine last night, battery is all charged, just changed starter, ignition actuator pin and switch. Relays are all good. Idk what’s up here. Lights and radio turn on just won’t crank

Just changed the starter and then it wouldn't start?

Or, changed the starter because it wouldn't start?

I’m wondering could I start it if it was in gear. I know that when I’ve tried to turn it off while in drive it has prevented me until I put it in park. Now for some reason I can shift through all my gears while the Jeep is off. If it can turn off while in gear could it think it’s in gear and refuse to start

If you remove the ASD fuse you'll see two pins. Take an incandescent test light connected to battery positive and touch both pins. One should light being you have a dead short. Keep the test light connected to that pin as you start wiggling harnesses. Once the test light flickers or shuts off, you've found your short.

Reactions: Blondie70 and R49
If you remove the ASD fuse you'll see two pins. Take an incandescent test light connected to battery positive and touch both pins. One should light being you have a dead short. Keep the test light connected to that pin as you start wiggling harnesses. Once the test light flickers or shuts off, you've found your short.
Thank you I will do that

Alright looks like my ASD fuze is blowing for some reason

Did you ever figure this out? I know it's an old post, but it was down in the similar posts section of a recent post.

I had this same issue. Shortly after I bought my Jeep, I hit a small speed bump and the Jeep shut off. Got it towed to the house. I noticed the blown ASD fuse. I put a new one in and drove it around, until one day it shut off again. I bought another fuse. Put it in, tried to crank it but nothing happened. No sound, clicks, gauges, or anything. Went and checked the fuse box again and the fuse had blown. Turns out that the wiring harness had been rubbing up against the standoff for the oil dipstick exposing some wire. I fixed that issue and replaced the fuse again. Haven't had an issue since.

Did you ever figure this out? I know it's an old post, but it was down in the similar posts section of a recent post.

I had this same issue. Shortly after I bought my Jeep, I hit a small speed bump and the Jeep shut off. Got it towed to the house. I noticed the blown ASD fuse. I put a new one in and drove it around, until one day it shut off again. I bought another fuse. Put it in, tried to crank it but nothing happened. No sound, clicks, gauges, or anything. Went and checked the fuse box again and the fuse had blown. Turns out that the wiring harness had been rubbing up against the standoff for the oil dipstick exposing some wire. I fixed that issue and replaced the fuse again. Haven't had an issue since.
Shit sorry I’m back, I’ve been out of cell phone range for a while. Yeah it ended up being my 2/2 O2 sensor was unplugged in just the right spot that it was grounding out. I ended up redoing a lot of wiring that didn’t fix it but at least it’s nice now. Haven’t had an issue since.

Reactions: SouthernLJ